Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: iRacing

Raced the Caddy for the first time and failed miserably.

Yeah, I can't imagine just getting into iRacing right now. After my hiatus, I'm missing a lot of stuff I want, but I still have the max discount outside of the one for 100% content. Over the last 10 years it didn't seem to bad. If I had to suddenly fork over what must be close to if not more than $1k for all the content I currently have... Ouch.

In anticipation of maybe having some time to get back into things over the next few days, I'm installing the 20 gigs worth of updates that I had waiting for me.

Part of the issue of having so much content is that you'll have a really fun car, like the Pro Mazda, that struggles to fill more than a few official races per week because they brought in the Renault 2.0 and now the Renault 3.5 which really splinters the crowd that's interest in that kind of racing. Multi-class racing helps a bit with that in certain contexts but it's not enough.

I've raced against one particular guy in the trucks numerous times now who is really good. I noticed he was at the top of the standings in week 13. The next time I saw him, we had a brief conversation about it. He said that you win iRacing credit for winning a series/season. He mentioned that he can normally make enough credits to pay for his iRacing subscription. That's pretty cool.