Page 23 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Retsmah, I saw you registered, but did not see you in the race.
    Yeah I saw that too! I haven't driven the MX-5 in quite a while, I was surprised how slow I was, I think at best I was like 2.5 seconds off my previous best lap.

I didn't realize the MX-5 cup still counts towards SR and irating this week, so doing a few of those races before I'm back up to speed has hurt my irating quite a bit! I'm probably a few splits down from you.

I've pretty much exclusively been doing the rookie MX-5 Cup races this week. It's the only series available to me right now, besides the ridiculous races. I occasionally switch to Pro2 Lite trucks. I got wrecked hard in my last truck race and lost about 0.4 dirt road SR. I managed to get my road SR back up to 4.99, but it's freakin' hard to do in rookie races when the vast majority of the competitors are under 3 SR. There was a dude in one of my recent races who's SR was 0.8 and he had an A license!

My iRating is not really an indicator of how I am doing at this time. This is how I race iRacing right now: Set a super-slow qualifying lap so I start near the back. Let everyone go at the start. Stay clean as possible, and if anyone gets close, let them go. (Most of the time they wreck the next person they catch.) Get top-ten (and sometimes top-five) finish. Although, the fields are smaller in the truck races, so I almost always get a top five.

I had two more 20th to top five races today. I was feeling good about that. I decided to try during qualifying for the next race and got front row. The pole sitter disco’d. I got a good launch and dominated them using only my left foot and auto-clutch. (I hurt my right ankle earlier in the week.) The next race, I crashed myself out.

I just had a zany Pro2 Lite truck race. I intentionally threw my qualifying to start near the back. It was a heat race, and I was in heat one. Four trucks started and I let them go. One wrecked and I hounded 2nd place for the whole race. He was really sloppy, but I could not get by cleanly. I finished third and the fourth place guy quit out. I was gridded last for the feature. I think there was seven trucks on the grid. Again, I let them go, but stayed close. Trucks were wrecking left and right. I even rolled it once, but managed to keep right on going. I was 2nd by the end of the race, 10 seconds down from the winner. Once all the trucks finished, I was promoted to first place! I can only assume the winner was DQed or something, but I do not see that in the race results. A win is a win?

That's weird! Congrats? Where is that guy in the results? 2nd? First of the non-finishers?

On a bad luck streak now. The last three or four races I've started from the pit lane, only to be wrecked by cars I've caught up to or passed because they were off-track.

Finally got a C-class series I can participate in, the Radical SR8. My first race, I qualified like tenth out if about 18. Took it really easy in the start. I my rear-view, I saw multiple cars spin out without moving much at all. Several cars immediately crashed ahead of me. I managed to avoid that mess. I was settling in nicely, doing consistent laps. Then I just lost it in a corner and tagged the wall. 16 minutes for repairs! Doh. I’m sitting in the pit right now waiting for my repairs to be over so I can finish.
    Last edited by Cam; December 9th, 2019 at 04:41 PM.

Aaaand, finished 4th in a Radical race simply by finishing without damaging my car. Although, I did spin a couple of times. Once because a backmarker blocked the track on the last lap and I spun avoiding it. The other was a solo spin.

I finished a Radical race without incident and got my B Road license. Yay!

Junior Potato
    Noice won m8

I love reading your iRacing diary.