Page 75 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

My faith is slightly restored after two races in the 911 RSR tonight. Although, I was still caught out by another driver doing something unpredictable. There was less than five minutes left in a 45 minute race. An LMP2 car lapped me, pulled in front of me, then braked pretty much where I brake for the upcoming corner. The problem is, P2 cars brake better than GTE. I almost wrecked them and got a minor off-track because of it. I recovered without any position loss, thankfully. Later, I had a very enjoyable race in the same car, but a different series.

Bathurst 12 Hour Saturday! Live stream link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXUFAUxWiwM

My bro and I had our best result yet in the VRS GT Endurance Series. We finished 8th at Mt. Panorama after starting 30th.

Nice. I can't hack 12 laps there let alone 12hrs.

Junior Potato
    Bathurst was really hard for me to crack for a long time, but I was finally able to be comfortable with it halfway through last year.

It's the sort of track where you can truly get into a rhythm and enjoy every minute of it. The top windy uphill then downhill section, and the bottom high speed straight section. Each one lets you catch a break from the other.

I did 40 laps there in GT Sport in a time trial session driving a bloaty GT3 Nissan GT-R, changing from hard to medium to soft tyres as I went. I set a laptime goal of 2:08 then 2:05 then 2:02. It was so enjoyable.

Junior Potato
    So what’s the stingiest way to subscribe to iRacing? Or am I stuck with buying 2 years as the best way to get a discount?

Wait until Black Friday (November) and get it for 50% off, unless there is some other sale that comes up.

Junior Potato
    Slightly awkward timing!

I’ll get a 1yr sub now to get me through and then splash out every November.

In the past couple of years, the 50% off was for new subs only. They were offering 25% off renewal at the same time.

Junior Potato
    Oh ok.

At least I can get 40% off any time I like via their website, but that can only be redeemed once. Hence the advantage (and risk) of buying a two-year lump.