Page 228 of 230 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230 LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2291

Thread: iRacing

So, the guy that usually does the liveries in our community is way too busy with work (he even did his first car livery for a real racing team), and while we have our team ACC liveries (kinda), we do not have any team livery on iRacing.
    We each use TP liveries but we would have liked to have a team livery for the upcoming GT endurances in iRacing - we are thinking to do the 6H of Watkins Glen in our 296 GT3.
    I'm not at all versed in iRacing liveries, so I've not tried doing it myself.
    We have a team logo, 4 official colours (I can provide hex codes for everyone of them) and few examples of the old liveries (NSX GT3 and 296 GT3) I've done by myself in ACC as reference of sorts.
    Last edited by Blerpa; April 26th, 2024 at 06:23 AM.

Ironically, I do not own that car, so I cannot effectively make a paint for it. Thanks, iRacing!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Default iRacing IndyCar sets are tight (understeer.) Like you said, you can find better lap times by adjusting the ARBs and weight jacker to a more loose (loose is fast) setting, but you are risking spinning, especially exiting the corner. I normally play it safe and do not adjust the ARBs more than two clicks toward loose.
    I tried again, went too far with ARBs, spun and ended my own race. The stupid thing is, I could feel it on previous laps that it was feeling loose and thought I should dial it back, but did not.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Ironically, I do not own that car, so I cannot effectively make a paint for it. Thanks, iRacing!
    You can!

I do not own the Ford Truck or the Camaro Xfinity stock cars, but I still painted the black/yellow Cam Waters truck and the blue SVG Wendys car.

You can preview your livery in the store section of the UI, the same way you do in the My Content section. Just name your paint as you normally would (i.e. car_num_613857.tga) in the correct folder and it comes up.

To see the cars in action on a track, just upload it to Trading Paints and make an AI carset for yourself. That's how I got those action shots. Set up a race against the AI and pick Charlotte oval as the venue. The cars will grid up on that angle behind the pace car.

Great tips!

Cam made me an Atari woodgrain Spec Racer Ford a few years ago. He's good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    You can!

I do not own the Ford Truck or the Camaro Xfinity stock cars, but I still painted the black/yellow Cam Waters truck and the blue SVG Wendys car.

You can preview your livery in the store section of the UI, the same way you do in the My Content section. Just name your paint as you normally would (i.e. car_num_613857.tga) in the correct folder and it comes up.

To see the cars in action on a track, just upload it to Trading Paints and make an AI carset for yourself. That's how I got those action shots. Set up a race against the AI and pick Charlotte oval as the venue. The cars will grid up on that angle behind the pace car.
    There I go and add TP liveries to all the other cars I do not own (yet?) uhahahahahahaha
    Truly great tips!

Junior Potato
    Pretty fuckin cool when you log on and get a notification like this

Last edited by Rare White Ape; May 1st, 2024 at 07:40 PM.

Whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Pretty fuckin cool when you log on and get a notification like this

You've made it now!
    He'd probably be quite impressed someone went to that effort to create his car.