Page 30 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Nevermind. I qualified 16th overall in the Solstice, 3rd in class, out of 24 or 25 cars, I think. Mayhem on the first lap! multi-car pile ups all around. Another car tagged me, but I didn't get wrecked, luckily. It was not long before I was running 5th overall! I just stayed out of trouble for the rest of the race and finished 7th, 1st in class. A couple of cars that wrecked earlier caught and passed me. Having never done an oval race in iRacing before, that was very satisfying. Looks like I'll be keeping my lead in the SLPCC division 4 championship.

I was not racing much for a couple weeks, got back in and ran a few C class F3 races to get bumped up to a B license. The F3 cars are fun, but I think I need some more time in the skip barber cars, I'm really slow in F3!

I spun in qualifying at brands hatch, I got mixed up and got disqualified for driving the wrong direction. Unfortunately I spun near a section of road that I think makes up one of the alternate track configurations and that made everything really confusing. In any case, turns out getting disqualified from qualifying also disqualifies you from the race.

Since the race just started I don't know exactly what the result is, but I suspect RIP my iRating!
    Last edited by retsmah; February 12th, 2020 at 06:34 PM.

Oh noes!

I’ve been doing some start-from-the-back MX-5 races just to get my SR back up after a few crashy races. It is perplexing how competitive people can be for last place.

Junior Potato
    Are they doing an "i hanjo" and trying to come last?

Or are they just shit and don't want the dishonour of being the guy in last place?

They are just hyper-competitive and give no shits about ruining their SR if it means being ahead of me, even if we're fighting for last.

Intentionally tanked my Q lap in an SLPCC race. Literally half the field failed to Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Intentionally tanked my Q lap in an SLPCC race. Literally half the field failed to Q.
    That's the worst, when you think 'I'm happy starting at the back' and then realize you've got like ten clowns behind you that couldn't put in a single clean qualifying lap, but are for sure going to drive like they can win the race in the first corner!

This is why I liked it when qualifying was set for the whole week instead of before each race.

I started from the pits.