Page 67 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

There's a Corvette C8.R Championship Series in iRacing now, with live coverage on YouTube

While I don't find Lime Rock very interesting, and I'm just watching an HD livestream, I think the graphics in this are great. My biggest complaint is that, while the number of trees lining the circuit is impressive, each one looks flat. And I guess that extends to the grass just being a texture and not 3D. But the car models, track details, shadows and reflections all look great.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yeah, they are fine; not "awful." Who knew?

Administrator
    iRacing doesn't have much in the way of flashy graphics or lighting effects, but it has, IMHO, the best car models and interiors of any sim, which for me is the important part. It also nails the things *around* the track - the only track I've ever driven on in real life is Laguna Seca, and the trackside objects I was taught to use there to line up the car (telephone pole as you crest the hill before T2, or the tree to aim towards when going through the corkscrew) are all exactly where they should be and look the same.

What's great about it too is that it runs at a really good framerate even in VR.

The new Dallara open-wheel car is interesting. Seems like a modern take on an old screaming V10 F1 car.

Get that weak shit off my track

Not really interesting to me. *shrug*

Junior Potato
    While I commend them for the idea, I cannot commend them for the execution. That thing looks ugly as arse.

I know it would be a cop-out for iRacing to delve into this realm, but there are a few cars in other sims where they simply took a current-ish V6 F1 chassis (incl aerodynamics and handling) and changed the engine sounds and characteristics to match the previous V10 engines. A sort of fantasy experiment if you could have a car that fits into the current F1 rules but with a noisy engine. The most notable is probably the Formula RaceRoom X-17 from RaceRoom: a 2017 pre-halo chassis with a beautiful screaming V10 in the back.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    As someone who never followed the crapwagons, I thought it was an actual car, an evolution of whatever the IRL was running at the turn of the millennium.
    acket.

Administrator
    I like it.

12 GB update today!

Since Thursday, I've been trying to get ten races in a row with no incidents. It is near impossible, with the unpredictability of some drivers. I got up to eight in a row twice and six in a row only to be thwarted by some idiotically unpredictable driving. The latest one was some guy who just slammed on the brakes in the middle of the straight on the racing line. Back to square one for the fourth time. Even when I start from the pits and drive casually, I catch up to guys that have crashed or whatever. It is impossible to not be near other cars.