Page 111 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2246

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    Smooth inputs then!

I’ll buy the Porsche and RBR this weekend. Still can’t race but that doesn’t stop me doing practice sessions and AI racing!

Junior Potato
    Bought the Porsche, gave it a try at the Nurb. VLN layout.

8:14-ish using the supplied medium downforce sprint setup.

I feel that the car is extremely reliant on its very short supply of nose grip, but also if you get it crossed up it's impossible to catch.

Good!

Shame about the V, I had hoped that would be fun to drive.

Considering it is supposed to be an entry-level open-wheeler, it's going to turn off a lot of new drivers. I believe it is going to have the opposite effect of what I think iRacing wants, which is more drivers in open-wheel racing. Instead, it will drive even more drivers to the GT cars.

I was looking through the season two stats. There is one driver that did 15 full series! That is dedication. I do a lot of racing, but I only did six full series. I narrowly missed out on two more, because I gave up on racing GTE in the latter half of the season.

The quality of driving this week is in the toilet.

Haven't been able to do much iracing for a few weeks, but took off work early today and was able to get in some races in the Formula Vee, 2x each at Lime Rock and some weird Charlotte config I have not seen before.

Ended up with a win and two thirds, I think mostly down to the low quality of driving you noted Cam. Usually there's several guys that I would have no hope of keeping up with, but I'm gaining a lot of positions from crashes.

I've found the Formula Vee fairly fun to drive, except that the gearing is kind of terrible. The gap between 2nd and 3rd is huge, you end up with the engine really lugged down in 3rd through a lot of corners.

Surprising rejoin!

Looks like a typical iRace to me.

Junior Potato
    I managed to get a stable enough connection that I could finally get some races under my belt

How? By putting my phone's SIM card in my iPad. It has a bigger antenna and battery, so gets a better signal and won't heat up and drain battery power like my phone does. It's just a pain to switch between them, so I'll ask my provider if I can get another SIM to share the data. I'm still testing it though, so I won't commit to enduros just yet, but I did do two GT3 races tonight on a 200-300 ping (normal for my region) without issue, even getting right on the rear bumper of someone at one stage and not having a netcode incident.

And I'm also now in the 2K iRating club

I qualified pole for the VRS Sprint in my split, with a 1:19.4, and immediately spun off into turn 1 after the green, becoming last car on track

I waited for others to fall off, as they normally do at Road Atlanta, and undercut in the pits at the 20-minute mark to avoid being held up by a few cars in the bottom half of the top ten. One of the guys I was trying to avoid exited the pits right in front of me on the very next lap doing his own undercut, so I made sure to stay under his rear wing exiting the hairpin and got him at the chicane, which put me up to 6th.

From there I just kept my nose clean, with a mystery promotion to 5th with two laps to go. 50-sum iRating gained and over the 2K mark!

And of course I was driving the Porsche

It's good to be back.

Sweet moves.