Page 195 of 195 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195
Results 1,941 to 1,948 of 1948

Thread: iRacing

I've tried focus, my iRating slumped very badly in the 700 territory: abysmal.
    Lately it seems I'm getting it up, now at 892.
    So it is a matter to focus on your limits and refine around it (like for most things).

The other day I did Production, Spec and GT4 all one after another.
    Spec and GT4 were both in Road America, so fine, since I had get in the rhythm of it.
    I was comfortably 10th in the final laps on my GT4, the 11th car was close behind but manageable... last three laps I start getting closer to the 9th.
    I catched up to the 9th by the last lap.
    Every corner I was closer.
    And closer.
    At the last corner I tried to attack him. We both got wide on the grass on the left. Drama!
    We keep them cars back to the tarmac.
    We go up the hill.
    He keeps his ninth position. Barely.
    I lose the tenth one to the driver behind me which exited and accelerated better than both me and the 9th out of the last corner onto the finish straight climb.
    So I finished 11th by tenth of a second.

And that's greed explained to you, fellows.
    Pure and simple.

Today I watched Dan Suzuki on Twitch, trying for fun MX-5 in Production Challenge and one hot take he spewed out felt right: "Who cares about iRating? Don't look at it, care only about your Safety Rating, having fun and being a correct driver".

Also another fun hot take during the live stream while racing the MX-5s was akin to "these things are hard but fun. Rookies should start on GT3 in iRacing, not the other way around".
    Many laughters ensued in the chat.
    Last edited by Blerpa; November 21st, 2022 at 07:08 AM.

No time to read open wheel discussion in detail but I wanted to say the iR-04 is a lot of fun. Great steering feel and it races well, too. I still have trouble loading the tires up into a corner consistently well in iRacing, but I enjoy racing with friends the chances I get. I'm trying to race more this winter - enjoy sim racing again and stay sharper.

I farmed Beetle Lite races to get this.

Quote Originally Posted by iRacing Awards
    Consistent Finish Level 3 - Dirt Road
    Complete 10 consecutive official dirt road races with no loss of iRating. You must score championship points and complete 50% of the laps the class winner completes, rounded down, for the race to count toward this award. This award may not be earned while participating in a team event.
    Completed ten consecutive dirt road finishes at own iRating or higher.
    11/21/2022

The iR-04 are the most loved openwheel cars in the service, no doubt about.
    Even I find them fun, even if not liking ow in general in iRacing.

LMP2 and GT3 Class Updates - Season 1 2023

Good on the changes in tyre model, damage model and so on, but once again BoP - obviously - it is going to be difficult to choose a new car to race a whole season.

GT3

. New Damage Model on all GT3s
    . "Ground up rework" in collaboration with real world GT3 drivers
    . tires "sharper" feel with more defined limit
    . Existing setups will likely fail
    . Greater influence of driving style on tire life
    . More progressive tire degradation with less initial drop-off but more track dependent trajectory
    . Tires will only be able to single stint "in the majority of cases"
    . In very hot temps and low track rubber just making one stint may require managing just to make it to the end of one stint
    . Complete overhaul of BoP
    . Revised brake pads
    . Nordschleife specific rules package with 75mm min ride height. (I guess they were tired of people running cars on the ground then complaining about breaking splitters over the jump)
    . Tire changes and refueling will be simultaneous Potentially a big deal for planning driver stints in endurance races. You may not double stint tires, but back to back stints will be important.

LMP2

. New Damage Model
    . More compliant over bumps and drivable at the limit
    . Weight and power changes to slow the car down, like the real world
    Last edited by Blerpa; November 23rd, 2022 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    ...iRacing Reports are not updated anymore since 2022 S2.
    They have been, but the splash page has not been updated. Simply click on the category for 22s2, then in the URL, change "22s2" to "22s3".
    https://iracingreports.com/stats/22s3-Road.html

Awesome, thanks Cam!
    I suppose it will add 22S4 by the time the season will be ended, right? Nice to have still that page working, I worried we had lost another useful site.

I don't know if you use Discord, but there is an iRacing Reports Discord bot where you can glean more stats. It is not intuitive to use though. You have to look through the commands list to figure things out.
    https://discord.gg/iracing-reports-677963687117717556

Supercars was a barnburner tonight.