Page 115 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2246

Thread: iRacing

Well done!

Junior Potato
    Thank you sir.

I did the next race - completely fluffed my qualifying so started in the back. Finished P3. I would have had 2nd if I managed traffic better - I should have pitted early when I came up behind two GT3s near the end of a lap. They cost me three seconds going over the hill!

Junior Potato
    I have just found out that the GTE Endurance Series is next season going to morph into the IMSA Endurance Series, running every two weeks and mirroring that week's circuits.

This pleases me immensely.

Last edited by Rare White Ape; July 9th, 2021 at 08:41 PM.

Junior Potato
    And speaking of IMSA, here's part of a race I did on Thursday night. I completely fluffed my qualifying and started at the back, setting no time. Shown is lap 1, and then the last three laps.

Yeah that's right... I almost completed the last-to-first challenge

I was in third before the end of lap 1, having started 10th in GTE. After lap 1 the battle the two cars ahead had a minor coming together at the final chicane, leaving the Porsche to fall into our clutches, leading to a three way Porsche fight for the podium. The killer strategy here is to pit on lap 12 and get yourself out of the fight, and delay your involvement with the GT3s. That left me with 8 laps of clear track to hammer down and set fast lap times. There was one lap where I got caught behind a GT3 going over the hill.

On lap 20 the leader came out of the pits only a few seconds from my front bumper, so I proceeded to chase him down until the end. He was doing a few desperate moves to lap cars over the hill and even punted off a GT3 by mistake. Two laps from the end I set myself up to pass him going down the straight, but wasn't quite close enough - maybe 0.7 off his rear. On the last lap that gap was 0.4. Just 0.1 closer and I think I might have been able to sneak up the left and get him.

I was shaking like a leaf afterwards. This is perhaps my best drive so far. This is as close as I got to winning the damn thing!

Awesome!

Junior Potato
    I am about to take part in the Spa 24h with a team of lads. Cam isn't participating so I'm with another group of guys. It'll be streamed on Twitch as long as the host is awake

Opening stream here:
    https://www.twitch.tv/mimsyy1

If not there, then try here:
    https://www.twitch.tv/justcrous

Last edited by Rare White Ape; July 23rd, 2021 at 11:13 PM.

Junior Potato
    We are 4:5 hours in, started from pit lane to avoid carnage. Wasn’t necessary as this split has been very good. I drove stint 2 and handed over to the next driver, but a thunderstorm swept his town and dropped his internet only three laps in, so I jumped back in and did a double. Currently 35th and lapping like a pack of mad dogs.

Junior Potato
    Nearly 8 hours in and sitting in 30th. The driver who had a disconnect before had another one on his second stint! This time it was a full power outage, can you believe it? So we are 4 laps off the lead but that doesn't matter, we are having fun! Slowly catching 29th...

I am off to bed, ready to hop in again in about 7 hours.

Junior Potato
    I woke up and got in again at the 16-hour mark, we were in 21st when I woke up and managed 18th by the time I got out of the car. We have been double-stinting tyres to save 30 seconds per stop, thus unlapping ourselves gradually from the top 20 after the disconnects earlier on. With each pit stop on Spa's brutal endurance pit lane taking over 2m 20s - which is roughly one whole lap in time - it's important to keep the car out of the pits for as long as possible.

Right now at 6 hours to go we are sitting 16th but gradually losing time to the cars ahead, although we can keep pace over a stint thanks to the tyre strategy, plus we are off-sequence so that might work to our advantage later on.

Junior Potato
    3h 20m remaining. I have just completed my final stint still in 16th. I pitted in 13th, again still off-sync with the cars around us. We have a realistic chance for 13th from starting in pit lane!