Page 227 of 227 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227
Results 2,261 to 2,269 of 2269

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    Next question: how is your oval SR now?

It is almost back up to 4. I feel that my Oval iR does not reflect my skill. I am often one of the fastest drivers in my split, but I always start at the back in Oval, because Oval drivers in the series I race cannot be trusted.

Dirt racing is especially bad for that. It is normally not possible to safely pass low-rated drivers. They are so all over the place that they will wreck you if you try to pass. They are not doing it intentionally, of course. They are simply not in control of their vehicle.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    It is almost back up to 4. I feel that my Oval iR does not reflect my skill. I am often one of the fastest drivers in my split, but I always start at the back in Oval, because Oval drivers in the series I race cannot be trusted.
    I know what you mean! I’m so hopelessly in love with oval racing that I do all the qualifying and sweaty driving, but find myself avoiding certain entire rounds like Martinsville and Bristol. But with the way I drive and my tactics for getting ahead, it’s pretty rare that I’ll lose SR. I’ve never been demoted in any of my licenses ever.

I tried an IMSA Vintage race yesterday, had an issue and wrecked, destroying the car. I lost 115 iR. That’s a new record for me.

Mick, I was not kidding with the question if you take in consideration any commissions

Cam, Indycar are beasts!
    That was a proper winning, albeit unplanned, strategy of yours! LOL

We are creating a 8 race community league with the IR-18 (guy is a big nerd on Indycar, IRL, Champcar and CART, etc.) and we have done two test races.
    I must admit that thing is SCARY on ovals, more than anything else I've ever tried with stockcars.
    Also the trick on ovals seems to get front, rear ARB and weightjacker right.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Mick, I was not kidding with the question if you take in consideration any commissions
    Psst... experienced professional artist and livery painter right here. You know, just in case you forgot.

Default iRacing IndyCar sets are tight (understeer.) Like you said, you can find better lap times by adjusting the ARBs and weight jacker to a more loose (loose is fast) setting, but you are risking spinning, especially exiting the corner. I normally play it safe and do not adjust the ARBs more than two clicks toward loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Psst... experienced professional artist and livery painter right here. You know, just in case you forgot.
    OH LOL right! I did say I'm a putz!
    What's your rate?

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    What's your rate?
    I'm sure he is cheaper than me.