Page 98 of 225 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

We had to retire. The car was too busted.

Junior Potato
    Results sheet has come through. We still got a top ten!

https://members.iracing.com/membersi...&custid=613857

But it'll be unclassified because we didn't complete at least 50% of the laps of the race winner. I still gained 40 SR though thanks to my 0x run.

I've run I think five of the short 3 lap GT3 races at the ring this week, I've only had one with 0x incident points, two without any damage to the car. Seems like a tough track to drive for 24 hours!

I've had a weird experience twice where I've had a wreck, limped the car back to the pits, gone through both required and optional repairs, and the car is still undriveable. I've then stopped, towed back to the pits, and when the car makes it back they then do more optional repairs, and the car was then driveable again.

I haven't been able to find any discussion on the topic, maybe it's just that somehow towing back to the pits is better than driving, but on a long endurance race I might try pitting a second time just to see if somehow the car gets fixed more.

If you wreck the car bad enough, even repairs do not fully fix the car. I seem to remember dodint remarking something to the effect of, "If the car can't be fixed, just tell me."

Did the VRS GT Enduro (3 hours) at the 'Ring today with my bro. I got bashed twice on lap one by two different teams. Both those teams eventually DQed. One for too many incidents, the other for one of their drivers not doing their fair share. I bumped a car on lap one also, but they recovered and drove away from me.
    Last edited by Cam; April 25th, 2021 at 03:24 PM.

Junior Potato
    I just had a really good race in VRS GT Sprint, for some reason it gridded me in 3rd, and I came 2nd. Netted a heap of IR and SR. I am now at 4.66.

I really want to get to 4.99, but I also really want to try my first race in Porsche Cup because it's at Long Beach... but it's at Long Beach.

Dilemma!

Junior Potato
    I chose to do another VRS Sprint. Got taken out on lap 1 by a dude with a high iRating. A tow + a 21 minute repair. Such is life.

The guy who took me out did it on the fast run entering Mutkurve, where you don't pass due to the danger. He subsequently took someone else out on lap 2 trying to pass at the end of the Dottinger but ended up with terminal damage and quit.

I finished my repairs and just beat the leader back to the finish line to avoid being given the checkered flag, which meant I did one more lap than the guy who took me out.

I lost ~20 SR and IR. He lost 1.15 SR and 77 IR.

LOL

Of course, high iR does not mean they have good race craft. :shrug:

Junior Potato
    I'm having one of those days. GT3s at Road America.

First race, VRS Sprint, taken out on lap 6 while defending into T5 by a BMW Bro. He was on the flashers a lap prior.

I mean, what's the point of being right up my poo hole if I'm defending? What do you expect to gain there? Just take the normal line!

Second race, high split lobby for a GT3 fixed. Spun all by myself out of 10th on the last lap for an 18th place. I was racing really well against guys faster than me up until then.

Third race, another VRS Sprint. Veeeerrry gently nudged a guy wide at Canada, so I stopped to let him pass. This was early in the race so I lost a bunch of places. Then late in the race I veeeerry gently nudged a guy into a spin on the final turn, so I stopped to let him pass. Then... spun all by myself again on the same corner as before.

By then I CBF'd and drove the last five laps at a medium pace and then packed up my rig for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I mean, what's the point of being right up my poo hole if I'm defending? What do you expect to gain there?
    He expects to knock you off track, duh. You are forgetting that being in front of you is more important than anything else that has ever happened in the history of the world ever.

Junior Potato
    I also had the speed to catch the guy in front but the battle caused both of us to lose time. And what’s even worse is that after I careened into the wall at the far end of the sandpit, this driver finished fourth.

I should’ve just let him go.