Page 60 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

We finished 9th. I am very happy with a top-ten. There were almost 1,300 teams registered, divided into 24 splits. We were in split 14. Our race was car-crash free, but one of our guys had a sim-crash-to-dash while he was driving. We lost several spots as one of our other drivers jumped in. Later, he had a low-speed spin exiting the final chicane. Other than that, it was pretty uneventful. There were numerous on-track battles, especially early on. It came down to a nail-biter, as 8th through 10th were just a few seconds from each other. We came out of our final pit stop in 8th, but our close-out driver just could not hold off the guy behind. Exciting race. I had 1x for four hours of driving.

Junior Potato
    Good racing Cam, well done to you and the team

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Setting 'em up, knockin' 'em down!

Completed a race won by Bruno Senna. No additional info in their profile. Someone asked before the race if they were the F1 driver. They responded, "Not F1 for a long time."

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    And, how did it go?
    acket.

I spun it and finished near the back. I’ve been having bad luck with racing in the past week or so.

Just did a Le Mans series race at the ‘Ring. There were 34 cars in the race, I think. I started from the pits, as did at least three other cars. Near the end of lap one, I went wide and tagged the wall, necessitating a nine-minute pit stop for repairs. There was about 40 minutes left in the race when I exited the pits. I figured it would be close on fuel, but I thought I could make it if I did not push too hard. Approaching the end of the race, I could see that it was going to be short. I dialed back the engine map and drove really conservatively. The next closest car was three minutes back. I had “0.9” laps worth of fuel going into the last lap. I drove REALLY conservatively and sputtered across the finish line with my spotter telling me, “You’re out of fuel.” I finished 12th.

Doing the 12 Hours of Catalunya Saturday.

Catalunya went pretty well, I think. We got put in the second split of seven, with 50+ teams in each split. We were put in the higher split because of the low number of GT4 teams. The majority of teams are were driving GT (3, E) classes. Our lead driver went off pretty early, then had trouble getting back past the lead TCR cars. That cost us some time. Stints in the Cayman are long, at 100+ minutes. I got in the car for a stint and got knocked off twice by GT cars. The first time, a Ferrari approached and flashed its lights, so I thought he was going to pass. I stayed wide, gifting him the inside of the upcoming corner. He drove straight into me instead. Rookie move for a second-split driver. The second time, a GT car passed me, then immediately spun. I could not avoid a collision. We were recovering, collided again and we both went off-track. Comedy of errors. The rest of the race was pretty uneventful. We started 12th in class, 35th overall, I think. We finished 6th in class, 26th overall.

iRacing's monthly top-ten highlight reel is 50% NASCAR races that involve a multi-car wreck. How is that a highlight?

I am happy to not race oval.
    Last edited by Cam; August 13th, 2020 at 11:42 AM.