Page 93 of 225 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

I tuned in just in time to see him drive off by himself at Oak Tree. Nice to see he is human.

Thanks for watching, guys. Gah, I am so despondent with my iRacing right now. So many jerks out there! I don't have many subscribers on my racing channel, but I lost a couple in the past 24 hours. I totally understand, because my solo races suck and I've am constantly bitching about it. I just looked through my most recent streams I got wrecked or got caught up in other people's garbage driving 11 out of my last 18 streams. If you count the races I did not stream, the percentage is higher than that. The quality of drivers is in the toilet right now.

Even in the enduro races, where we did well, we still got wrecked or caught in others' garbage.

Seriously, looking through the entire season so far, I estimate I have a 75-80% Cam-gets-wrecked rate.
    Last edited by Cam; April 6th, 2021 at 08:26 PM.

Junior Potato
    Shitty day for me too.

IMSA at Long Beach (could be considered a mistake to enter that race but I had a good time last night with that effort) an entitled LMP2 did the big dive into T1 and tried to pass me going through the fountain section, which spun me out, I got flustered, then made a few mistakes of my own as a result. I still had fun though, despite losing 41 SR.

MX5s at Summit Point, I don't know the track very well yet but I was 4th on lap 3 and a C-plater poked his nose awkwardly alongside me as we approached that fast blind left going into the downhill hairpin, a stupid place to attempt a move. That slowed my sequence of corners, and he then rear-ended me HARD, sending me all the way across to the other side of the track after the carousel, which resulted in a stop-and-hold penalty for corner cutting. I narrowly missed the leaders as they came through. Here I lost 56 SR.

Finally, Ferraris at Summit again. I opted to start from pitlane but still ran off all by myself like a chump for a 1x. Late in the race I caught a group of cars and made an admittedly dodgy move and spun one guy off. I let him continue ahead of me, then got a good run onto the straight behind him a few laps later. He then blocked me three times. I still passed him and left him in the dust. Replay clipped and protest lodged against that guy. Minus 17 SR for this one.

I do wonder if the channel I watch the most for iRacing, Dave Cam, records instead of streams, just so he can only post races that are without annoying incidents. He will often mention his failed attempts at recording a race in a series before the start of the one he does post.

Junior Potato
    He probably does, but I don't think he actually races as much as you'd expect. Below are his last 10 races. Match them up with the recent video output and see what you get.

I need to start making crash compilations of my races. I get lots of material to work with. That requires work though. Simply streaming races is simple and easy.

I considered doing what Dave Cam does and record races. However, I wouldn't have much to show if I only published the good races.

I wonder if Oli Peacock has a feed.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I tuned in just in time to see him drive off by himself at Oak Tree. Nice to see he is human.
    I don’t know VIR very well but I’m guessing this is some sort of rite of passage yeah?

It's not a particularly challenging sequence, no. He was getting pressured from behind and missed his braking point, I think.

I was pushing a bit harder trying to figure out how I was losing so much time. I was SO off the pace last night.

I just finished a IMSA race at Long Beach where I was slower in my GTE class car than the faster GTD class cars. Obviously I am over-the-sim-race-hill.
    Last edited by Cam; April 7th, 2021 at 04:34 PM.