Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: iRacing

I feel like it's most fun to either start at the back and work your way forward, or start at the front (or as close as you can) and hope for a good battle. Starting in the middle is usually more stressful. Amirite?

Junior Potato
    I totally agree. The last-to-first challenge is a good one. Mid pack is just hell.

I would like to get the "X number of races in a row with no incidents" awards. I am finding it surprisingly difficult. I keep telling myself that I am just going to cruise around at the back. When I realize that I am actually keeping up with the backmarkers, I get caught up in the thrill of the chase and drop a wheel once or twice.

I filed my first protest, but I was not involved. It happened in front of me during a race. Intentional retaliatory wrecking attempt for contact in a previous corner. Luckily, it was not successful. The perp only wrecked himself.

In the same race, I intentionally tanked my qualifying laps to start at the back. I still started 5th out of 12 cars. I let everyone go at the start. I trolled around at the back for the whole race, as cars flew off the track ahead of me. I finished 5th.
    Last edited by Cam; November 30th, 2019 at 01:54 PM.

I forget, is there a way to start from the pits, like by resetting after gridding or something?

I need to get back into iRacing, but I've just been spending so much time in Xplane.

I think if you just wait, then join after the green flag, you start from the pits.

Did a couple of “13th Week Ridiculousness” races tonight. What a laugh riot. Cars flying and tumbling through the air. It’s like racing in a minefield.

Do these races have an impact on your SR or rating or anything, or all just for fun?

Haven't been online since before thanksgiving, I got an H pattern shifter so I was working on that a bit. I've actually only done a very small amount of racing in vehicles with an h pattern and a clutch pedal, I need to learn how to downshift!

AI racing is iRacing jumping the shark. Change My Mind.

I have not tried it.

The silly races do not effect your ratings.