Page 210 of 224 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2233

Thread: iRacing

Awesome, thanks for the info! I should probably try a Porsche at some point, I probably had some version of a 911 in Gran Turismo at some point but have never driven one in iRacing.

The last day I drove the FF1600 some more and with a little more time have started to like the feel of it, especially now driving it on a couple tracks I already knew. I think I'll try out the D class FF1600 series and see how good/bad it is.

The Formula Vee was small/slow enough that it wasn't too bad to avoid people even in a rookie series, the FF1600 feels like it might be similar. Biggest downside to the car is the same as the Formula Vee, it's real ugly, at least in my opinion! Ultimately doesn't really matter, but it is a little sad that when you watch a replay you first thought is 'huh, those are some weird looking little cars!'

Was all ready to hop in for the first FF1600 race at 5:45 pacific, seems like some of the series have some issue though where registration didn't open. Maybe will be able to hop in for the 6:45.

Looking more at your series list Cam, do you get in much practice for the races you run? It's pretty impressive (at least to me!) that you can drive that many cars in one week and keep up the irating you've got.

Junior Potato
    Cam is a man of leisure, so has plenty of time in-between wood polishing sessions to do a few laps. I'd say he is living the dream. He's also got a few pals who do a similarly structured week, where they all jump in a specific weekly time slot for V8s and Porches (on Thursday nights I believe) and hope to be in the same lobby. It's a cool idea.

I, however, jump on sporadically. If I don't like the car/track combo I will skip it. And my work roster is higgledy-piggledy so I can't commit to certain days each week. I have basically given up on trying to earn credits for participation, because it's simply not as lucrative as my main time commitment. You could call me a filthy casual at this point. Unfortunately I may have to skip ALL of the enduros this year

And talking about the Porsche, I love the car even though I never enter PCup, although it is my go-to when the Nurb 24H comes around. It's a really good challenge to drive, since it has lower high speed front grip levels than what you'd expect, it takes some patience to keep it planted.

Don't forget that when they release an update and open the practice server, you can drive any car you want for free as long as you have it on your hard drive.

I rarely do more practice than the official 30 minutes before the race session. Exceptions are Supercars and Lotus 49. Also, if the race is at a new track, I will do preliminary practice just to learn the track. Usually, I never do more than an hour of practice.

First ranked race back in a year and a half was a little stressful having to jump into the top split for the FF1600. Went into turn 1 at brands hatch on the second or third lap too close to the car in front of me who ended up being a lot slower than I expected, ended up running off track but avoided any contact. Overall worked out ok, was feeling pretty comfortable by the end of the race. Hopefully they continue to get easier!

Capture.jpg

edit: guess that attachment shrunk, but end result is 11th and a very slight increase in iR and SR. My fastest lap at the track has been 49.040 and the average was 48.947 in this race, so I'm a bit slow!
    Last edited by retsmah; March 13th, 2023 at 08:08 PM.

I've been sick this week, so I skipped Porsche Cup. I was feeling a bit better last night, so I raced GPL and Kamel GT.

GPL is at Nurburgring this week, so there are a lot of races going official with lower-rated drivers. Kind of easy to farm iR and SR if you can keep it on the track. Just surviving attrition will net you gains. I finished second.

Some of the North American regulars pushed in the last month or so to get another time slot going for Kamel GT that was Pacific-Time-friendly. It really worked, because 45 drivers showed up last night at 9:00pm Eastern! Amazing turn-out and a good race. I drove GTP and finished third. Check out KamelGT.com if you are interested and want more info.

My iRating at the moment is tantalizingly close to 3000. I may be jinxing myself, but if I have a good race tonight in Supercars...

Quote Originally Posted by iRacing
    3000 iRating - Road
    Road iRating above 3000.
    Achieved a road iRating of 3025 on March 17, 2023.

Junior Potato
    Congrats

Safe, 3K iR driver looking for teammates for NEC 2023.

Nevermind.

Had a couple of rough races to end the week. Supercars, I got caught up in a lap 1 wreck, then had netcode contact later with the same driver. I drove like crap in KGT and got caught up in otherís garbage. Managed to break even on iR though.

Looking back on it, I was trying too hard in KGT. Gotta be more zen. I do better that way.