Page 103 of 225 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2248

Thread: iRacing

We were a bit dinged on the right side.

Wow. Some unfortunate circumstances and decision making. Bring it home, people, don't take unnecessary risks.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; May 8th, 2021 at 09:11 PM.

Junior Potato
    Soooooo

I just raced against Bruno Spengler. He won, of course. I came 10th

But I need some explanerating done. Look at my iRating loss against these brutally fast so-and-sos. Why did I lose one point here?

You finished mid-pack in your class.

Junior Potato
    Ahh well the way it has worked out is rather frustrating. I was hoping for a good bump given the overall strength of the field.

I think the way to interpret a -1 is that you finished where the system expected you would, which seems more or less correct at least based on what is visible here; everyone above you has a higher irating and everybody below you is lower.

It's kind of interesting that it doesn't seem like anyone has attempted to reverse engineer more precisely how the irating system works, even though we have a good bit of data available in the form of everyone's irating, and change in rating after a race. I guess probably because it doesn't really matter and doesn't change how you'd race anyway.

This may not be new info to you, but this is a pretty good high level description of the system, if you weren't already familiar with the Elo rating system, which is at least similar to what iRacing (and a bunch of other games) use.

How the iRatings are calculated is no secret. If I understand correctly, if you run Crew Chief, it can tell you on the fly if you will gain or lose iRating based on your current position.

Got to see all of Cam's Porsche Cup @ Hockenheim race today, people were struggggggllllllliiiiing. Carnage on the first lap, lot of blown braking zones and nose spins throughout the race, and then a roller-coaster couple of final laps. Do yourself a favor and give it a watch.

Get that weak shit off my track

Thanks, Kch! That was a thrilling one. My best Porsche Cup race this season, I think. The BOMBERS THO...