Page 61 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

iRacing has a 25% off one-year subs for low lifes like me that are not currently subscribed. Might grab that or roll the dice and see if there are any Black Friday deals. There really weren't any good ones last year.

I qualify that statement with the fact that my sim rig is in pieces all over the house.

I've decided to live stream my Gone Broke Racing team races. This season, we are doing 911 Cup races every Wednesday at 9:45pm Eastern Time and Supercars Thursday night at 10:15pm ET. We just do official sessions. We all have similar iRatings, so we are usually in the same split. I might stream some other random races here and there. Who knows.

This week, in the 911 Cup race, I was that guy in T1. I lost control of the car and took out another car. Pretty much ended my race. Supercars, however was pretty good for GBR. We were all at the top of the second split. The race started out well and I got up to third at the end of lap one, ahead of my GBR teammates. Eventually, they passed me. My pit stop was way too long, as I took on about 40 extra litres of fuel. It cost me 20 seconds. I was running fourth near the end, but one of the GBR guys tangled with a back-marker, which ended his race with two laps to go. I finished third.

iRacing's August top ten: Eight of them are NASCAR, seven of which involve a giant multi-car wreck on the last lap. Uh, those are highlights?

I just watched that video. Who compiles them? I was hoping for more sports car dueling.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Bathurst 1000 Saturday! The team is fielding two cars this time, as the race will only be about six hours.

Live stream starts around 9:00 am Eastern time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8FCbUoMJ_A

Junior Potato
    Oooh nice, good luck

Just finished the Bathurst 1000 and it was wicked. The GBR cars started 12th and 17th. I had a minor off early in the race, which allowed the other GBR car to get right on my bumper. We were basically tied together for 120 laps of the 161 lap race! The other car was eventually able to pull ahead and build a gap. We finished 5th and 6th. It was a very exciting and enjoyable race with an awesome result. Our car had a mere 1x. The other car had 4x. Considering how difficult it is to stay off the walls there, that is an achievement. I am so chuffed right now.

We're off to Petit Le Mans this week-end.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJPSGMJ44GE

Oof. Petit Le Mans was horrific. Got knocked out a couple of times by LMP cars and once by a GTE car. One of our drivers struggled this race; had loads of incidents, like almost 40x. He's usually not that bad. The SOF was 2700+. Our average team SOF was about 2000. Bad luck was our co-pilot today.

Personally, I did pretty well, not including getting punted once by an LMP car for 4x. Only had 3x otherwise, for almost five hours of driving. I did almost half of our teams laps. I think it is fun to do the endurance races. We have some good ones and some bad ones. This one was a race to forget.

Just raced against Max Papis. He gridded up behind me, but quit out after a few laps. Not sure what happened to him.