Page 175 of 225 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2250

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    Since Talladega last week, my oval rating went from over 200 down to 1500 lol.

Half of that was caused by computer issues making my GPU hang and DNFing.

After months of troubleshooting, I found that my GPU fans were set to max 40%. Huh. Fingers crossed it works now.

Got my first win in GPL, at the Nurburgring of all places.

Junior Potato
    Nice. Challenging car on a challenging circuit.

I got a dub this week in the twucks at Darlington. Very difficult oval. You basically have to qualify on pole to have any chance, which I did of course

Dub?

Junior Potato
    Dub is short for Dubya, which is slang for the letter W, which is short for win.

All G?

Junior Potato
    So I am running this paint scheme in the trucks at the moment, repping Australia Post who are experts at SENDING IT.

I was car #12 and on lap 30 (out of 40) I was in 6th place chasing down car #1 who was 5th. Then this happened:

I came out of that in P3 with NO damage.

Junior Potato
    Indy 500. I didn't do a quali session so was in a split arranged by iRating, not quali time like those who did qualify. I was car #3

I took a piss right at the end of practice but misjudged the length of the gridding period, so had to start from pit lane. To my great fortune, there was a wreck at turn 4 before the green and when I was released from the pits I was told to move up to 12th place. The start of the race had 5 cautions before lap 50; I went to pit with the leaders on each yellow but noticed there was a group skipping each caution and decided to stay out for a couple of em. On lap 38 I brought the field to the green flag in P1 for the first time.

From there I just held the lead, skipped pitting on the subsequent cautions and just came in for green flag stops when it was empty. Twice.... TWICE IN A ROW... when I did this a caution came out on the very next lap. Chad moves. I maintained the lead. Made it to lap 98 and the race was pretty incident free from there. But since I hadn't done a full tank practice or even known anything about how far these cars will go on an empty tank, I didn't really know how many laps I needed for the last pit stop, so from the green on lap 100 I stretched and stretched. Got 32 laps out of the first tank with two caution laps included. In my mind I knew I needed to get to lap 170, but I couldn't, and had to pit on lap 164.

There was a guy in P2 who was 1.0 sec behind me for most of the race and pitted one lap later. I was on map 8 to save save eave and he passed me, so I got in his slipstream. We were both running half throttle down the straights, and I knew he was tight too. A quick check of the fuel menu told me I was three laps shy of the line, so I gambled and ducked in on lap 179 for an early splash-and-dash, wondering how he might make it to the finish. I came out in P5 for the last stretch with a lovely setting of map 1 and a fully buried foot trying my hardest to catch up. I caught some lapped traffic and slipped past them very easily, until lap 193 and this happened:

I was on old tyres plus didn't have time to pull the weight jacker back down and got it ever so slightly loose....

The guy I was following who had light fuel ran out on lap 199. The eventual winner was just better at fuel saving than the rest of us. He pitted on lap 131 just like I did and held her steady. Good job

Here's the lap chart, check the row of yellow blocks along the top! I dominated the race, but not when it mattered.

Last edited by Rare White Ape; May 13th, 2022 at 09:26 PM.

I was away when you posted this. Oof, sorry to see that.

My Cam gets wrecked rate this season was 36%, which means I was punted or got caught in someone else's wreck or poor driving in about 1/3 of the races I did. It certainly was not consistent, however. There was a time I went 15 or more races without a wreck, then there were other times where I got wrecked in almost every race for a week or more. It goes up and down.

Really freakin' great race at Monza in Supercars tonight. If anything, just check out the last two laps.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j40yRyIIMhQ

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Got my first win in GPL, at the Nurburgring of all places.
    I did not even notice that I got this award from this win.

Quote Originally Posted by iRacing
    The Feared
    Win official races with sixteen different cars. You must score championship points to qualify. This award may not be earned while participating in a team event.
    Award completed.
    5/5/2022