Page 63 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

I wonder how many different boxes my rig is in. 4? 6?

OK, who CAN do endurance races with me?

I was pretty much forced to buy a USB headset for racing. I want to continue streaming my races. The team uses TeamSpeak during the races, which you can hear on my streams. I prefer my videos to be family-friendly. Alas, one of the guys on the team refuses to control his swearing. I bought the headset so, hopefully, I can hear the team, but not broadcast the team chat. One of the other team members also pointed out the fact that sometimes we talk about personal things or bitch about other drivers, which is not necessarily good to be broadcasting. The streaming software I use does not have the option to filter out different audio sources. Otherwise, I would simply have to mute TS, which is not the preferred option.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Would this information from Swervo be of use to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I know that software can have the ability to enumerate audio devices and use the non-default devices for recording and playback, e.g., Google Hangouts I believe lets you select what device you want for a microphone and speakers regardless of what the system settings are. I'm not sure, however, that you can have the OS route that itself if the app doesn't do it on its own.

EDIT: I haven't tested this, but it looks like you can - https://www.howtogeek.com/352787/how...in-windows-10/

I've used it as a sort of patchbay.
    acket.

That is great info. Thanks!

Administrator
    I'M HELPING!!1!

I received my headset. It appears to work as intended. It was easy to configure TeamSpeak to use only the headset. The rest of the desktop audio comes out of the computer speakers. It appears I can still use the webcam mic as a separate input for streaming. I can have two separate push-to-talk buttons, one for TS and the other for the stream. You know, so I can talk at the one person that watches my streams.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'M HELPING!!1!
    Bro, do you even race?

Administrator
    No, I mostly just drive around a track a few times until my mind wanders and I crash into someone. It'd be disingenuous to call that racing.

Let's go for a spin sometime. I know this nice little track with 50 of my closest racing buddies driving in circles for six hours. It will be great time!