Page 1 of 225 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

iRacing

Thought I'd start out new version of the iRacing thread. Because of moving I've been away for a while, but three versions of the RUF Rt12 have been released, a street version, and two race versions. Also Fontana has been released which means they have the entire sprint cup schedule I think.

In the pipeline are Monza, Imola, Tsukuba, along with quite a few English tracks. Car-wise, they're working on the Honda HSV-010 and a BTCC Civic (something to race on all the English tracks!). According to Wikipedia, they're also working on COTA, Willow Springs, Miller, and New Jersey, but I haven't seen any announcements on those (other than New Jersey, which is out as a 'tech track', which may mean they've given up on it. Same goes for Long Beach).

Link to Refuge Thread
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; January 7th, 2014 at 04:56 AM.

So how's the Iracing thing going right now? Any interesting developments? Dale Jr still active? Whats the current membership at? I've been getting a fair number of special offers in my email to re-up but sadly I don't have a PC with the necessary horsepower anymore...

Z4 GT3 and COTA have been released, along with some new Oval stuff.

Nate: Z4 GT3 vs C6R on COTA. LET'S DO IT.

(buy me the game and a gaming computer)
    Get that weak shit off my track

I know nobody cares about this anymore, but I am having a huge amount of fun competing in Star Mazda this season. I've actually been participating each week (missed actual races a couple weeks though). Been able to be at the top of the non-alien sessions. A bunch of podiums, and most importantly, I am finding some consistency, and not throwing it off so much, my biggest problem in the past.

I still can't set a car up worth a damn though.

I started iRacing about six weeks ago or so. I was surprised how easy it was to get started. Different mindset to GT altogether with far greater emphasis on online racing. The rookies races are fairly hit and miss and I had every second race ruined by one or more idiots. Advanced to a C licence now and running the Spec Racer Ford and really enjoying it. The MX5 is a blast to drive as well and I'll try to run some races in the Advanced MX5 Cup. Tried running the Caddy but keep blowing the donk after a couple of laps.
    A little expensive once you get in to it having to buy tracks and cars but the racing at the higher levels looks very promising. I can't set cars up either but there are always plenty of setups available from other racers to try. I've just rebuilt a PC that is running at a frame rate of 84fps without a change although I'm still very much sorting myself out with this stuff. At least I can run some laps at Mount Panorama whenever I like and the few races I have had there have been fun. Got totally cheesed with GT6 as I was continually having my PS3 freeze during online racing sessions. No fun at all and if I continue to enjoy iRacing I doubt I will buy a PS4. I'm 60 now so the eye sight and joints are starting to become an issue for extended periods in the race frame. I'm looking to make the most of it before I get altogether too slow lol.

BOOM

http://www.iracing.com/iracingnews/i...ing-to-iracing

Nurburgring (GP/Nordschleife/24hr) coming to iRacing!

I played it for the first time today, Mazda had Laguna Seca with I assume Formula Mazda cars at their marketing truck. I did better than I expected, but still didn't get a clean hot lap in the 5 minutes I had.

FWIW: 50% of sale

Keep an eye out for purple and yellow cars driven by guys named Barie.