Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129
Results 1,281 to 1,286 of 1286

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    Bow to me, for I am now a winner on an oval. Victory on debut at Bristol

Nicely done, guys!

It was really satisfying to get my first road Porsche Cup win in a while, especially after getting caught in others' garbage so many times in previous races.

Junior Potato
    Maintenance server time wheeee!

Junior Potato
    Did three more ovals today.

Race 1 was P11 from 2nd on the grid. I got taken out on the 2nd-last lap and that brought out a caution. The guy I collided with took umbrage to that and gave me a 4x while circulating behind the pace car. He got reported

Race 2 was P4 from 12th on the grid. We did 20 laps before a caution, so everyone went for a full set of tyres. After that endless cautions meant my tyres didn't degrade as quickly, so on the 2nd stop I changed only the outside tyres and gained two spots!

Race 3 was P3 from 11th on the grid. People are seemingly unable to conserve their tyres as much as I can, so they tend to fall into my clutches pretty easily late in a run. There were a few cautions where nobody changed tyres but then a long green period from lap 40-ish. I'd gradually made my way up to 5th place. I knew we'd be needing tyres at the next caution, so I made for track position and passed the car in front of me, but then a yellow came out a lap later and I lost that spot in the pits. The last 15 laps were a mad dash at full pelt on fresh rubber but the leader was too quick for me and my rival to keep up.

It was all very exciting

I had a good finish in the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge yesterday. I went from 17th to 5th, despite receiving several door bangs from other cars. I had posted the race to my YT channel, but the video got messed up somehow. I had to delete it and I had already deleted the original recording. (I was low on space on my SSD.)

I did an IndyCar race before that and I finished 10th, despite having to pit for a new nose after getting caught up in a lap one crash.

Supercars tonight!

There is something to be said for simply streaming a race rather than recording, then uploading the video. It's a lot more of a hassle to do the latter. I think I will go back to streaming.

I am keeping a spreadsheet of the races I do this season. I've done seven races so far and have got caught up in someone else's garbage in five of them.
    Last edited by Cam; Today at 06:32 AM.

My first attempt at GT Sprint in a long time went poorly. I am such a magnet for garbage. I started from the pits to avoid the inevitable lap one crashes. I made it through several crashed cars only to get stymied later in the lap by a guy that backed up directly into the racing line perpendicular to the track. Eight minutes of repairs.