Page 113 of 230 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2291

Thread: iRacing

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I was the only one in the server racing Pro 2, so I won my class. Did not get any iRating out of it, but I got some SR.
    Oh, I also got this:

Cruise Control - Dirt Road
    Win a dirt road race that counts toward your MPR while having the best iRating in the field. This award may not be earned while participating in a team event.
    Won a race in the Pro 2 Truck class while holding the highest iRating, 2234, in the field.
    6/20/2021

I was the only one in the field.

Junior Potato
    Oh, there is now a rookie Beetle Lite iRX Series. The car seems to have a bit more grip and has less power, so it is easier to manage. Give it a try!
    Oh sweet, thank you. Something new this season that passed me by.

I took a bit of a break during the middle of this week from racing, due to the unsatisfying racing I've had. The new Formula Vee is damn hard to drive so I'm just not going to bother with it too much, and while I love Road Atlanta and the new Porsche, the GT3 racing there is always hit-and-miss because all the dickheads are attracted to GT3 (some self-analysis might be required there ) and I haven't had a good time keeping that car's thicc behind where it needs to be.

But I got stuck into a couple of races tonight, opting for the Mercedes instead. Two really good finishes in the fixed GT3 Challenge, but two shit races in the VRS Sprint series. In the second of those I got ploughed by some cock (driving a... you guessed it, a BMW) on lap 1 who simply didn't let off the throttle when coming off the hill. I wasn't even sideways, just 5km/h slower and he just ran me off the road. Prior to this he went wide at T1 where I passed him into that tight turn 3 hairpin, he banged my door, then exiting 5 tagged my bumper, sent me spinning, and then punted me while he continued with little penalty.

Last race of the night was a good one, so I'll end it on a high note. I fluffed qualifying so started 13th. I passed one car on lap 1, then let the cars ahead do their pirouettes as usual. I was up to 9th on lap 7 when a McLaren passed me. I sat behind letting him catch up the few seconds to the cars ahead, making up more spots as others did the graceful slide to the back of the field. The McLaren eventually caught my old nemesis, a BMW, and tried numerous times over 5 laps to pass it in the chicane. He couldn't make it stick and we just ended up losing time. I was being polite and waiting for my turn but the car behind me had gained 3 seconds and was only 1 second off my bumper, so I prepared to notch up the aggression and make my move. On lap 14 I was right under the tail of the McLaren as he made yet another attempt at a pass on the chicane, then the most amazing thing happened: the BMW fucked up! He took out the McLaren and the car following me, and cleared my path to 4th place.

Cool. Often, you just have to be clean and patient. Problems like that take care of themselves.

The start of the VRS GT Enduro at Road Atlanta was a good example. We started 23rd and were up to 10th by the end of lap four. A few laps later, we were up to 8th. Unfortunately, Tim had a couple of off-tracks that damaged the car enough that we called it quits.

Dirt road races are another good example. I always intentionally start at the back. I just stay clean if I can. My iR just keeps going up, because many of my competitors struggle. :shrug:

Cam driving a non-Porsche GTE car, but it's a Ford

(I only saw the last lap, and the review of the unfortunate incident with Dean)
    Get that weak shit off my track

Maybe I should buy the Corvette GT-1 car?

Junior Potato
    I searched Trading Paints and unfortunately there is no Bengals livery for the C8.R GTE.

But there is this nice one for the Skippy.

Junior Potato
    And a few cool orange and black liveries for the 'Vette. This Arrow livery caught my eye.

Maybe I should buy the Corvette GT-1 car?
    Does that class even get used anymore?

Still disappointed they never put a C7.R in the game. I blame GM.

It is used in the Heusinkveld GT Challenge. I do not know how many race it.

Junior Potato
    Looks like nobody races it. Currently there is only one person registered in a server for a practice session. It would be helpful if they made one of the cars free.