Page 173 of 225 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2246

Thread: iRacing

My mantra for races like that is, “Just don’t crash.” I may be slow, but staying out of the pits is priority 1. Even if I made a mistake, I was going slow enough that I could recover. We got up to 3rd in the first 3 hours simply because we did not crash. Then one of our guys crashed.

Junior Potato
    Well half our problem was Joel Due to his spinal injury (he crashed a motorcycle while being a dick and almost paralysed himself!) he's on heavy painkillers and was stoned out of his mind on prescription weed, but started the race and spun off slowly before he even got off the GP circuit. At that moment I was like, well, it's going to be one of those races... but we got there in the end.

I may be slow but I just enjoy being out there. It was a good vibe at the end, as I spectated the winners finishing their laps and sending messages of congratulations to them.

I had a lazy half-spin in the slowest part of the track on cold tires. I felt like I was not even pushing hard. That gave me 2x. I got a 1x for going in the gravel after a silly lock-up while still on the GP course. I don't remember exactly what my other 1x was from. I think I simply dropped a wheel on the grass at one point. No drama really. Even though my average lap was 8:40 or so, I was happy with my performance.

My bro got 8x in his last stint simply from GT3 cars giving him surprise buttsex. No damage, thankfully.
    Last edited by Cam; April 12th, 2022 at 05:34 AM.

I used to be the tortoise on my Forza endurance race series, slow but consistent pace and avoided the faster class cars. Then I started having connection issues regularly, and disconnecting is worse than crashing.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Mick, would you be interested in the Nurburgring Endurance Championship again this year? First race is mid-April.
    At first I said no because I'm unable to commit to the whole 9 rounds, but I could be interested in the occasional race if time allows.

I'll predict that you want to drive PCup, and run the 01:00 GMT timeslot? I'll ask here if the opportunity presents itself.

But if you prefer to pair up with someone who's able to race all of them with you than that's OK with me too.

Since you said no earlier, my brother and I made plans to race the NEC together. Alas, we both are busy this week-end, so we will miss the first race. We aimed to do the last time slot. I don’t remember the exact time, but it is Sunday morning for us. I am not sure I want to try it twice in one week-end, especially considering all the other racing I normally do on Friday and Saturday. I’ll think about it.

Junior Potato
    It's OK since I was checking about odd times when the occasional opportunity presented itself.

Junior Potato
    So apparently there's some controversy among the iRacing commentariat this week about 'brake dragging' on warm up laps before qualifying and the race.

I am confused. I developed a technique for brake dragging ever since my first month on iRacing: brakes in the sim tend to squeal while they're cold, so basically I'd hold pressure on the brakes until I can no longer hear them squealing. The brakes heat up, the wheel rim heats up, and the heat transfers out to the rubber. It's much more effective than weaving.

Now it has been seen being used on the Porsche eSports Supercup and everyone is up in arms. My confusion stems from why it is such an issue.

*shrug*

Porsche Cup has standing starts. Is that not the case in the Supercup? I don’t see why it is a big deal either.

I do it also, even during an outlap for a practice session.
    Can't see how it is wrong to do so.