Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225
Results 2,241 to 2,249 of 2249

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    Question for my real life car racing hosses: I’m curious about fuel load in the wet. Would running heavy be advantageous because the weight will push the tyre tread down through the water and contact the road better, or is that far outweighed by less fuel having less weight to control on a low grip surface?

I've never tested that specifically to see if the increase in traction is worth the slower acceleration in the wet, but it seems possible. [Thinking FR car with the fuel tank near/over the rear axle]

It'd be an interesting question for a Porsche 911 racer - they probably experience the most fuel related balance change over a stint due to the tank being in a very lightweight end of the car.

Sebring 12 today.

Our lead man wrecked pretty hard, then got wrecked later by a stupid rejoin, so we retired.

Damn, that sucks Cam.

Junior Potato
    Nooooooo

Road America 500 this week-end. Going to try it again with my brother this year.

Junior Potato
    Oh cool! Good luck.

We did OK in the RA500. Tim had an off at the kink in his first stint that did damage to the car. It was down a bit on top speed after that. We finished 4th in class. We were happy with the performance.

Tried again in a different time slot with a different team mate. I got killed on lap two.

Tried the last slot with a different team mate yet. He’s really good and he was hanging with the leader. He managed to make a Herclean fuel save effort, but lost some time when he was punted. I did my stint, but could not hang with the leader. I got punted also. Team mate got back in the car and did well, but got punted again. Just as he was about to pit, we both had the sim crash to desktop. I did my final stint after reloading, got punted again and we finished 4th.

The most annoying part is we were on pace for a possible win. We saved ourselves a pit stop and could have overtaken the leader in the final laps, as they needed a splash of fuel.

An iRacing employee was in the race and encouraged us to submit a support ticket. We were very happy with our performance, but it is very frustrating that we legit could have won that race.