Page 100 of 225 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2249

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    One of my races last night on lap 1 a car two places behind me missed the braking going into the last chicane, drove across the grass and got a long distance sniper shot on my back wheel almost as I went under the bridge.

8 minutes of repair. Then I hit the pit speed button too early because the green cone is two meters beyond the line and had a stop and hold penalty.

The guy who hit me came 3rd.

Junior Potato
    Oh! In my last race I took it very very extra carefully while the other LMPs did their thing and got themselves all messed up.

On I was in maybe 10th when the guy who qualified 4th was catching back up. As we started to lap the GTEs he began to make aggressive moves to try pass me while I was being patient and waiting for safe moments. On lap 12 he was on my arse going into turn 1. I was almost ready to let him by but he got surprised by how slow I was compared to him and took to the grass and ended up in the wall.

On the radio he gently and politely expressed his surprise and astonishment that you brake there into turn 1, but didn’t take into account the fact that he was behind a slower car because of mistakes he made five laps ago and that he should drive accordingly.

Yeah, a significant number of drivers do not consider other drivers may brake earlier than them. :shrug:

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Definitely use the colour temp and colour balance options. The rest is up to you.
    What does the top image show, a Mexico by Hollywood preset?
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Pretty much. Or it could be called Mid-2000s videogame brown.

Bottom settings are overdone and make it look cartoony. Probably a happy medium between the two.

Junior Potato
    What da fuq is this shit?

The featured car was the overall leader of LMP1. The car he hit is me, coming a solid 5th in LMP2.

The lap was the last lap. The leader was coming in to take the checkered while I was about to take the white flag. There's no rhyme or reason (other than glory) for why I didn't simply let him past, but that was not his problem. His problem was making sure he uses his brake pedal.

After the race he gets on chat and complains that I was driving too slow. He claimed that I was 40kmh slower than the LMP2 leader in that chicane. He said it was dangerous.

I said that his logic was stupid and I don't care how much slower I am than what the leader is.

He signs off by saying that he will lodge a protest for intentional wrecking. I have the whole chat log screen-shotted and the replay saved in case I need it.

Look at his driving record for crying out loud? Surely he would know better.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Bottom settings are overdone and make it look cartoony. Probably a happy medium between the two.
    I was mostly aiming to cool the temperature of the overall image and bump up the green hues. That's probably why it looks closer to Super Mario 64 than real life.

As result it looks so much more crisp and cool, and I think that it communicates the feeling of a fresh Autumn morning much better when the weather is clear, unlike that horrible hazy afternoon soup seen last week at Road America.

Of course, it's all subjective, and I really like this nicer tint. It helps calm me down while driving too. A claim for which I have no proof whatsoever

Junior Potato
    Plus Cam, I saw the end of your VRS Enduro. I hope you guys reported the living shit out of that driver.

Tim made the report, I think. I do not know the result yet.

You can report the P1 driver for being a douche and harassing you. I had an very similar thing happen to me in Kamel GT on Friday.
    Last edited by Cam; May 4th, 2021 at 03:54 AM.