Page 11 of 226 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Still amassing seat time to get comfortable again. Finally had a good race, only made one mistake that cost me a podium but I picked up .32 SR. It almost went sour quick, tho:

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    been watching Jimmy Broadbent videos as they were randomly recommended by YT and now I really want a racing rig....once I move out of my tiny apartment (Yes, I know it's possible to make one in a tiny place like his shed, but I prefer a bigger place)

I like JB in manageable doses.

There are some really high production value race broadcasts out there that I have been watching lately. Currently watching this one:

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    been watching Jimmy Broadbent videos as they were randomly recommended by YT and now I really want a racing rig....once I move out of my tiny apartment (Yes, I know it's possible to make one in a tiny place like his shed, but I prefer a bigger place)
    Jimmy got me back into buying wheels and seats and stuff

Yeah I enjoy Jimmer from time to time. I enjoy his random challenges he does, like Pikes peak in the 918 or his Nordschleiffe laps more than his actual racing streams (mostly because they're shorter). I originally go into his channel because of the old Gran Turismo play throughs.

I also want to get a rig of some sort, and VR. But it's a big investment. New PC would be needed to handle VR I think. But I think a simple rig is coming soon. Maybe something like that F-GT. I like the idea of being able to move it in and out of the desk area as one whole unit, so I can use the desk as normal still.

Jimmy just did a video with the HTC Vive Pro. That'd be nice, but at 4x the price of the Rift, not so much.

re: F-GT pic above. Because I race solely in VR the entire rig itself is moved into the corner where that office chair is. It's pretty nice as it's out of the way but close enough I can jump in whenever I want. If I ever have folks over that want to try the sim but prefer triples I can just move it back over in a minute or so. The rig is setup to have wheels/castors put on it if that's something you think you would use a lot.

I'll take a new pic sometime. I kind of like being between the desk and the wall as it has a more enclosed feel.

Nice, exactly what I'm trying to do, except it will be triples for a while before I upgrade to VR. So a lot more moving in and out.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    the last good sim racing experience I had is when I visited Sega Joypolis in Tokyo where they have Initial D arcade games with......real cars

Keith, Tyler, and I were able to do a full motion simulator while sitting in a C6 Corvette at the National Corvette Museum. It was really neat having the front of the car dive on braking.

I couldn't beat the kids whose dads just kept giving them more and more money to keep doing runs