Page 12 of 225 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Yeah, I only did one or two runs and did pretty poorly. I am absolutely not the guy that can jump in any car/track combo and lay down a blistering pace. I wasn't about to keep feeding it $10 spots even if it was fun on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    The next thing will end up being a Buttkicker, the cockpit already has a mount for it.
    Turns out https://thebuttkicker.com/ is having a 20% off sale and free shipping until 2/28 so I went ahead and picked one of these up. Promo code NEWYEAR19 I think. Should be at the house tomorrow and I should have it up and running by the end of the weekend.

It's a bit of a milestone for this rig I've been building since 2010. I now have at least one of everything I planned to get. So moving forward it will just slowly be replacing stuff and improving the existing kit. I can tell already that a direct drive wheel is in my future in the next 2-3 years. The G27 is great but with the 330mm wheel attached to it the feedback power feels diminished, even when I turn it up.

I'm really determined to see if race driving proficiency can be learned. I want to be a N.Lauda type; I won't ever be the most naturally talented but I want to see how far hard work and attention to detail can take me.
    Last edited by dodint; February 6th, 2019 at 11:11 AM.

I went ahead and ordered the F-GT today.

How much of a pain do you think it'd be to move it between a bedroom and living room on two different floors? I figure take off the wheel portion and make two trips, maybe it wouldn't be too bad? Maybe the seat too and make 3 trips? I have my PC upstairs in the 2nd bedroom, and PS4/XBone in the living room downstairs.

Alternatively I can get another power cable and HDMI and just move the PS4. Obviously the easy choice, but the XBox is more complicated since it has the power brick. Also, I want to sit in front of the 65" screen in the living room.

I think it would be a considerable pain. Just changing it from GT to Formula would take 10 to 15 minutes. It's a solid, substantial unit.

Do yourself a favor and get some Torx sockets if you don't already have some. Will save you a lot of time.

Oh, congrats! I really like mine.

Junior Potato
    Maybe just move the PC down to the big arse TV

I've already got a small desk with my work laptop down there, don't really want to add the big triple screen setup too.

Built the rig up in front of the TV. Haven't tried the move yet. Had a bit of fun in normal GT:S Going to try VR with it tonight. And maybe some Forza as well. Then eventually move it up and have a go in iRacing.

Building it wasn't too bad, but they shouldn't have you put the cross supports one before the seat, since the seat is kinda needed to make sure everything lines up. I also had some threading issues on the seat back's adjustment knobs. I solved the problem of the poorly place/hardly adjustable shifter mount by using the desk clamp I had for my shifter already as an intermediary.

Last edited by Freude am Fahren; February 9th, 2019 at 03:00 PM.

I didn't have an issue with the shifter mount except that I confused it with the rear upright behind the seat and when it wouldn't fit I tried to grind down the welds. Whoops.

I legitimately did have to widen some of the pre-drilled holes for the G27 to bolt in which was kind of a bummer.

Installed the transducer tonight. Took a while to get things going right with it but it's a very cool addition.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Another thing I remembered when I was thinking about this (if anyone cares).........I broke the force feedback on a Daytona USA (2?) arcade machine once, accidentally. Steering got a LOT easier after that.

Junior Potato
    I played a Daytona arcade machine recently. It’s force feedback is b0rked. Although that could be because most Daytona machines are over 20 years old. It didn’t feel very nice to play.

I've been thinking a lot about this game lately. Anyone have a trial code or anything like that they can share?