Page 121 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2250

Thread: iRacing

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Sweet, Nate! Looking forward to seeing you back on (virtual) track someday. I wish I could afford a driving school session.
    My school was only $250. The regions make them cheap so they can get more drivers in the pipeline for expensive race weekends.

You're not far from BMW USA which has some schools/experiences. I've never done them but I've heard they're really fun.

Still beyond my budget (which is $0 at the moment.)

We're saving for another motorbike.

Junior Potato
    Check out the lap times here, especially the ones after I pitted. I leapfrogged P7 when he pitted and I stayed out for longer, and then maximised the grip of those freshies to keep him behind. Only a lockup by him on the final lap caused us to make contact but he was good enough to let me stay ahead when I spun.

Such a good race, and the antidote to a few bad ones I had in the last two days. IMSA at Laguna is a hard avoid after I racked up 15x before the pit stops - only two of which were off tracks that were my fault, the rest were people hitting me from behind and the side. I did Ferrari fixed and got spun on lap 1. I then had two truck races where I'd qualified at the front. In race 1 my shifter gave me 1st instead of 3rd at the end of the back straight (I recalibrated it and it still does it) and then race 2 I jump started on the green from P2 and got a 26 sec stop-go, still finished P6 though

When did the MX5 become nice to drive?
    Thanks to the white ape and his advice, I now own a Trakracer TR8.
    Jumped back into Iracing and surprised myself at being pretty near my old pace straight out.
    But back to the MX5, I guess they updated the tyre model? It sticks like shit to a blanket now, still can provoke slidey slidey if needed, but it's more fun to drive that what I remember over a year ago.
    The Formula Vee is a nightmare, with it's snap oversteer on brakes or off throttle.
    I'm happy to be back 😁

Junior Potato
    Welcome back. Sorry I forgot to accept your friend request

I don't bother with the Vee. Can't be arsed.

Is the Vee worse than the SRF?

I do not think so. It is about the same difficulty to drive.

Did Indy Pro at the ‘Ring yesterday. A dude bombed me from ten car-lengths back and wrecked us both. Then he harassed me for it in text chat. His SR is below 3 and his iR is below 1000.

The SRF is the only racer in the game that I want in real life (realistically) and it pisses me off royally that it's so difficult to drive relative to its real-world counterpart. If I try to drive it anything beyond 8/10ths I'm in the grass.