Page 125 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2249

Thread: iRacing

Yeah, that guy's driving was in the toilet too!

I'm uploading a Porsche Cup race I did last night that went OK. I did another one later that went poorly, thanks to other's garbage driving.

Just had a guy sarcastically thank me for wrecking him in a iRX race. I was following him into a corner. He hit the inside wall, I could not avoid hitting him and he spun. Many racers are delusional, it seems.

My road SR is now below 3, thanks to idiots in Porsche Cup.

I just attempted a race at Hungaroring. Lap 2, turn 1, I braked in my normal spot and I was going to make the corner. I saw a car coming in hot in my rear-view. He was not even close to making his braking point. I stayed wide to let him zoom by and I turned in. Alas, there was another guy bombing in hot and bashed me in the door, braking my car.

Jumped in feet first to the MX5 racing at Phoenix.
    First race, didn't qualify and started dead last, 19th. Ended up 9th with some good luck.
    Next one, no qualifying again, 17th to 10th with a few door bangs here and there.
    Next round, noticed most of the others were running slower than my times, I decided to qualify.
    Cocked up my 2nd lap, but my first was good enough for 2nd place.
    Got a good start, no carnage behind, 3rd corner, a left kink, I somehow stuffed that up on cold tyres and spun and damaged the front. Finished 15th.
    Next was a disaster, 4th to 14th after being taken out.
    Then a great 18th to 5th with 0 incidents. Had a great battle with 5th place when I had caught him. Tried and succeeded in putting him under pressure, but I couldn't capitalise until he made a mistake coming out of the last corner and onto the banking. Beat him
    by a nose at the line.

It's really satisfying when things go right.

Yes, it is. Nicely done.

Been doing a lot of 13th Week Porsche Cup. I have a good race, then a bad race. Unfortunately, the bad races have been a real setback to my SR.

Oh and the TR8 is amazing, finally got everything set how I like. It just makes a huge difference to having a wheel clamped to a desk.

Junior Potato
    I’ve been staying away from ranked racing this week because I don’t want to risk a licence demotion

So for me it has been practice sessions only, as well as preparing for Bathurst next weekend, and doing plenty of Identity Crisis rallycross in the dirt Legends, which is hilarious fun.

Junior Potato
    On the note of rallycross, Cam do you remember me mentioning that it was very hard in the RX Beetle and you told me to try the Beetle Lite?

Well I finally did that and I still find it stupidly difficult. It’ll grip really well on the tarmac sections but I lose all control on the dirt and it’s nothing like I expect it to be. It’s like racing on oil and the car ont change direction. Every other rally game I have ever played (including the notorious Richard Burns Rally) has more grip on dirt.

However the Dirt Legends cars are very easy and predictable on dirt, almost arcade like. And they don’t have the benefit of 4WD like the RX cars do.

The stadium trucks are a different kettle of fish but they’re really good on dirt ovals in the Sling Mud For Fun races!

As far as I know, things have already changed to season 4, so you can't get auto-demoted unless your SR goes below 1.

Dirt Road racing is different, for sure. There is a technique that you need to learn. You sort of have to throw the vehicle sideways to get around corners. Watch the fast guys to see what they do. Map a button on your wheel for the handbrake. It can help around the really tight corners. You have to be very judicious with the throttle. Don't spin the wheels too much. I have at least one iRX race and one Pro Truck race on my YT channel you could watch. I'm not saying I'm great, but I am faster than the noobs.

Junior Potato
    Hah. I didn't know iRacing had handbrakes. How silly of me.

I'll map it to the 'up' of my sequential shifter and report back later.