Page 13 of 225 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

It looks so good in broadcasts now. [I'm talking about how the cars move on their suspension and tires.] I have a code but it's at home (won't be home until the 22nd) and I think you have to be an SCCA member.

I'm hoping to get back into it this winter myself! Scope creep is crazy... first I need a new system, then I need to do better than an old 60hz monitor, then I need a cockpit, then I need triple screens or VR, then I need real pedals and a direct drive wheel instead of the G27... Pretty awesome that sim racing has gotten this amazing for those who can invest in the serious hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I've been thinking a lot about this game lately. Anyone have a trial code or anything like that they can share?
    Their Black Friday pricing is already live, it's not going to get much better than that.

2 Years : $99.50 ($4.14/mo) Regular Price: $199
    1 Year : $55 50% Off! ($4.58/mo) Regular Price: $110
    3 Months : $16.50 50% Off! ($5.50/mo) Regular Price: $33
    1 Month : $6.50 50% Off! Regular Price: $13

That three months for $16.50 is a great entry point. Long enough to give you an honest look.

https://www.iracing.com/membership/

If you plug one of our e-mails into the referral box we'd get $10 in iRacing content credit. Though I don't have an active subscription so it might not work for me, maybe someone else here has one.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    It looks so good in broadcasts now. [I'm talking about how the cars move on their suspension and tires.] I have a code but it's at home (won't be home until the 22nd) and I think you have to be an SCCA member.

I'm hoping to get back into it this winter myself! Scope creep is crazy... first I need a new system, then I need to do better than an old 60hz monitor, then I need a cockpit, then I need triple screens or VR, then I need real pedals and a direct drive wheel instead of the G27... Pretty awesome that sim racing has gotten this amazing for those who can invest in the serious hardware.
    I got my Rift for $200 from a guy on rrax. It was broke, but Rift replaced it for free.

I'd like to get a direct drive wheel. I've had my G27 for years and like it a lot, I have it modified with a 330mm Momo racing wheel and relocated buttons. But people have been singing the praises of the direct drive stuff pretty loudly and it has me thinking. But, if I did that I'd have to buy a new shifter too and the price gap between a 'good' one and one that feels somewhat realistic is like $200-900. Woof.

Don't forget transducers so you can feel the bumps.

Junior Potato
    I’ve tried an OSW-based direct drive. It was the tits. Very detailed, and super strong. You’d want to be getting your thumbs out of the way when you hit stuff though. I’d probably dial down the overall strength if I owned one and go for information over power.

It was paired up with a Fanatec shifter, and honestly that’s as good as you’d want. The dual-mode H pattern and sequential works well and makes it great value. Got a nice chunky shift to it too - it would be amazing to use with GTLM cars like the 550 Maranello, Viper GTS-R, etc.

If I had the wedge for a DD wheel I’d go for the PS4 compatible Fanatec. It comes with a seriously gorgeous formula style rim and a set of advanced shifter paddles that feature the dual hand clutch lever setup. Plus you don’t need to incorporate any of those hectic power delivery boxes for them as it comes as a plug-and-play device in a single unit. No problems with electrical interference!

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Their Black Friday pricing is already live...
    Yeah, that is really freakin' tempting right now, especially since I sold several big art pieces in the past few days.

Is anyone here actively iRacing?

I pulled the trigger on it for a year. Oddly, it put a 2 at the end of my name. If you are iRacing, look me up.

I hate how impatient I am. I had let my membership lapse earlier in the year. After the PC upgrade, I decided to renew, but I did so at full price (minus some credits I had). D'OH!

The 50% off is for new members. I assume you would not get that price for renewing.

Any tips for this iRookie?