Page 135 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2251

Thread: iRacing

Despite having 8x by the end of the first lap, I got incredibly lucky in this week's Porsche Cup race. At least watch the first lap for some zaniness.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NukxYIys46Q

Junior Potato
    Oooof!

Junior Potato
    I haven’t had a good week in the trucks. It’s Charlotte this week and everyone seems to have either not dropped their habits from ‘Dega, or gotten free-track-itis and left their brains at the door.

Last race I did was last night, which is early morning (2-4am) USA time and you only get two splits for NASCAR series rather than 15-20. It was lap 2 and I was being hung out to dry on the outside line, but I was happy to let people filter by as I was saving tyres for a run later in the race. Suddenly I get tapped in the bum by the #1 car of the split (who has 4.7k and didn’t qualify so he’s both farming IR in the morning and doing a last-to-first challenge) and spun out. Instant engine death and a 10 minute repair, so basically out of the race.

I said “thanks whoever that was” and the guy replied, “yeah I wasn’t expecting you to come to a stop in the middle of the corner there where the rest of us are hitting the throttle but yeah I’ve had a shit week and lost over 300 IR since yesterday and I’m trying to get back up over 5000 again but everyone drives like shit and theres a lot of idiots on today but yeah I didn’t expect you to slow right down in front of the whole field so I guess that’s my fault sorry I guess yeah now I’ve lost another bunch of iRating” etcetera.

I replied “well you know it was lap 2 and I was just taking it easy and was happy to let everyone by and didn’t expect to be turned around right away so yeah…”

Fucking elitist arse holes man. Too worried about his own iRating to really take ownership of his mistake and lack of racecraft. Thankfully it cost him too.

I feel your pain. I did four attempts at Indycar at Charlotte so far this week and had poor luck. The last race, I drifted up and touched a car on my high side. 0x contact, but it was enough to put them in the wall. Totally my fault. Later, someone hit me from behind and caused a huge wreck, totally destroying several cars, including mine. I feel like I was driving normally. I do not get how someone can just drive straight into the car ahead under acceleration. It is really easy to not do that, but it happens so often.

Ever since I stopped racing GTE and GT3 sprints, my road iRating has slowly increased. I just passed 2100 last night. It is the first time that happened since they got rid of Pro Mazda. My Cam-gets-wrecked rate has gone from 75-80% to below 50%. GT racing had a very negative effect on my iRating, and my enjoyment of the sim. I quit racing GTE and GT3 sprints altogether. I still race GT3 enduros with my bro, as drivers are a little calmer in the enduros. I still regularly race GT4.

I feel like I've made a good effort to reduce the times I wreck myself, even though it could be better. I did 51 races so far this season. I wrecked myself in 7 of them. My goal is for it to be zero. I got wrecked, or was caught up in a wreck, in 24 of them. The rest were reasonable races, but I caused another car to spin in two of them.

My oval iR sucks because I can't race without getting caught in a wreck, it seems. My oval SR is hovering just above 3, despite trying to improve it. My dirt road iR has been slowly creeping up also. It is now above 2300. The highest it has been is about 2400 when I was racing rookie pro trucks a lot. This season, I've only been racing B class iRX. I have not done any dirt oval yet this season.

Junior Potato
    Despite common perceptions, I’ve had pretty tidy races in ARCA. If your licence is stuck in D then give it a try. Short track ovals are generally cleaner than 1.5 mi and above tracks. This season in class C I’ve had a great time at Bristol and Vegas, an ok time at Talladega, but a shit time at Charlotte. I hold better hopes for Kansas and Texas but we’ll see. I’m not worried about my oval iR at all, as you’ll get idiot drivers no matter what, and racing is more about tactical moves setting up for the last 1/4 of the race instead of pinning the throttle for 20-30 laps, so sometimes I don’t even qualify.

That would require me to buy oval content, which I am not prepared to do at this time. Despite that, I already have my A-class oval license.

I did IndyCar at Zandvoort earlier. I did not stream it, because I thought it would be a snoozer. I was right. I started on the back row of 12 cars. I was last after turn one. I was alone for the rest of the race, but still finished 5th, because six cars ahead of me wrecked.
    Last edited by Cam; October 12th, 2021 at 02:48 PM.

Did my first Dirt UMP Modified race at Limaland. What a horrific car. I am simply racing it for the MPR.

Crandon Championship, anyone?

Trying to get my A-class Dirt Oval license. After racing UMP Modified a few times, I doubt I will ever use my A license after I get it.