Page 14 of 225 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

The forums inside iRacing are a great resource.

Start from the pit lane if you're apprehensive about L1 T1. You need to learn that skill, but you can get out of the Rookie chaos faster if you let them all crash out and you drive a clean race. To start from the pit lane grid like normal, then once you're in your car get back out by Escaping to the garage menu. When the timer to grid runs out, get back in the car and you'll be on pit lane and will be released when the field goes by.

I actually did that once because my shifter was not working. I quit the grid to reset it. By that time, the race started. I started from the pits late. I finished fourth.

How to get a top five in rookie: 1. Start last. 2. Finish race without crashing.

I won my third race ever, RallyX in the Beetle.

I am having trouble shifting, as I am used to paddle shifting without using the clutch. I am trying my G27’s H-shifter in the MX-5. I am frequently missing shifts in one way or another. I may try auto-clutch. I tried heel-and-toe, but I just can’t do it effectively right now.

I expected cleaner racing.

Cleaner racing will come as you progress up to higher licenses and series.

Where you will eventually need more content.

Slow the clutch release until the shifter is absolutely in gear.

Still figuring things out. I basically spent the entire day racing. I had some ups and downs. I was DQed from a MX-5 Cup race for accumulating 17 incident points. Other drivers crashed me twice. I also dropped a few wheels here and there. What sealed it was a spin and crash. I later raced the MX-5 again and got a win.

I did several off-road truck races to moderate success. I had to map a wheel button for the handbrake. Then, I went back to RallyX and couldn’t drive it because I was used to the truck.

I have yet to do an oval race. It is nice to know it does not require you to.

A bit late but just seen a promo code, 3 months for $10: PR-24HSERIES

I haven't done any rallying at all.

Gah, my SR keeps getting tanked by dudes crashing me. I guess I will have to do a few start from the back races.

It's worth it to forget about competitiveness for the first several races and just be clean to get your SR up as soon as possible. The racing gets much better when you do! It's also good practice for extra awareness of the unexpected. When I was last on iRacing I found it not terribly hard to keep my SR at 4.7 or higher, once already established at 4.99.

Cool to see you back at it! Wish we could get the ol' Monday night band back together. Those were the days!

I had two near-incident-free (1x each race for barely dropping a wheel) races in a row yesterday and my SR jumped from about 2.5 to 3.5. It's strange to be more excited about my safety rating than my finishing position.