Page 15 of 225 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

The SR is (probably still) weighted towards staying in a number range, to avoid people oscillating between, say, 2.9 and 3.1, because SR determines which races you're eligible for and lots of people like to compete in the 11-12 week Championship seasons. So you end up jumping up like that sometimes.

Administrator
    Re: Monday night band - having an organized time to get together would likely help me get back into the swing of things. I've felt pretty paralyzed by the whole thing for a while now, it'd be nice to race with friends again rather than people calling me various epithets.

Junior Potato
    It would tempt me to join but you guys live in a stupid time zone.

I'm pretty much hooked now. I like being able to get online any time and have a full field to race with. So far, most racers are respectful. I have my D license now and there is already a noticeable improvement in the quality of other racers. Although, I am going to have to start actually making setups. One race last night, I was four seconds a lap slower than a fellow racer in the same car on a track that took ~1:10 to get around.

I would renew for a regular hosted race with you folks. I actually still have the old 'Thursday Night iRacing' spreadsheet.

It won't have much use now, but for nostalgia's sake: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

It was last modified in 2012.

The existing member Black Friday renewal isn't very good this year, naturally. 25% off 1 year or 2 years. Traditionally it's been 50% off of a year.

Jerk wrecks me with amusing result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-70sekdYCI0

In other news, I had a couple of good, clean, consistent road races tonight. My SR jumped to 4.5.
    Last edited by Cam; November 12th, 2019 at 07:11 PM.

Does anyone know if using assists affects your iRating? I’ve been using the suggested line.

It shouldn't, it's not like Forza where you get degree of difficulty modifiers based on settings. It's a product of how well you place in a given field based on the fields strength. So if you win a race against a bunch of noobs it might not be as valuable as placing well in a field with high irating drivers.

A good rule of thumb is to always try and finish higher than your car number. The car number is effectively an irating ranking for that race.

That's a good tip, thanks.

Now I am in the quandary of being required to purchase more content to advance my license. I suppose I should have expected that.