Page 154 of 175 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1748

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    So Yobbo and myself teamed up for his first enduro last nightÖ and it wasnít the most spectacular result, but we had fun and Blair drove really well.

End result was 29th out of 42, after qualifying 38th. I started the race and avoided the early carnage and was somewhere near 21st but some incidents put a blanket on that; I misjudged braking distance to a car ahead and escaped down the outside but still brushed alongside and half-spun, but then later on I copped a shot in the ass from a BMW who did that annoying thing where he wasnít quite alongside but didnít pull out of the pass, and tagged my rear bumper. The damage was enough for me to lose about a second per lap. I racked up 16x mostly through off tracks, which are surprisingly hard for me to reel in at RBR, but also the two contacts.

I handed over to Blair and he drove very cleanly. Iíd used the low downforce baseline so that hurt his confidence a bit, but he didnít spin out, so thatís a plus. He only chalked up 5x for the stint, and we were in 34th at that point, I think. Well done!

Back to me for the finish. I had 4 incident points to play with. I got an early one after stuffing a corner when I let a lead lap car by, and did my very best to hang onto the rest. A short time later another BMW who was four places and a lap down on us jammed it straight into my tailpipe into turn 1. It wasnít hard enough to register a 4x but I did get 2x for loss of control. Wrecking for the bottom places. Frustrating. 24x.

I then drove for 35 minutes without scoring a single point but still knocking out consistent lap times. I wish I did that at the start. We gained some spots due to otherís misfortune. Probably penalties or disconnects.

10/10 would race again, but it reminded me how much I hate GT3 racing

Will confirm, it was hot and sweaty.
    Was a fun experience, even if I didn't pass anyone on track. Probably didn't help we were in the top split too with some very high iR drivers.
    But, I didn't cause any accidents or spin, so that's a bonus.

I think if we do a track I'm more comfortable with, I'll be nearer my practice times. As it was, I was about a second slower, also due to being the good co-driver and handing back a straight car 🤣

Junior Potato
    Hah, yeahÖ

Iíve said this to Cam before: thereís nothing better than handing back a car thatís dirty as heck but has zero dings or scrapes. You know itís been a good race when itís covered in road muck.

E for effort? Tim and I will be racing it later. We are usually in bottom split, because Timís iR is around 1100.

You can try as hard as possible to be as safe as possible, only to have your race ended by retarded driving. Our car was completely destroyed today by another team. They were a lap down from us. One of their team begged us to let them by. Once they got close enough, Tim backed out on the straight, only to have the driver move over on him and wrecked them both. Our car needed over an hour of repairs, so we quit.

Junior Potato
    Oh wow. Wasn't a BMW was it?

Yes. You can find it on my stream. Their team name says it all.

Junior Potato
    Your stream isn't available yet... I'll have a watch when it's up.

Ah, OK.

Junior Potato
    The VOD is up, so I watched the salient parts. Poor Tim couldn't cop a break. That incident with the BMW blocking the track on top of the hill would have been frustrating enough, but then to be taken out by a different BMW not giving him the space on an otherwise empty straight is certifiably fucked.

But I did get a chuckle out of the other BMW who slid off on the green, after he spent time swerving wildly on the pace lap

GT3 drivers in BMWs eh? Fuuuuuuck