Page 16 of 225 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Yeah, that's the hook. And the more you buy the better the discount!

I guess I better start painting cars.

Trading Paints Pro is $23.99 a year, as well. But I'm not sure what it does that regular Trading Paints doesn't, other than Custom Number paints.

As a reminder if it wasn't clear, Trading Paints is required if you want to use and see custom paints like the one you made for me. It's not the in-site easy customizer.

I do not quite understand how it works, I guess. I am sure I will figure it out eventually.

Trading Paints is companion software. It's an executable that runs when iracing.exe starts up. It enables custom paint jobs to be seen in sim, and when it's running you will see everybody else's custom paint jobs as well. If you're not running Trading Paints you will see the in-game paint customization that you can access from the main iRacing menu. Trading Paints has its own website and login where you can upload/download .psd files. You have to be an iRacing member to access the Trading Paints website.

I don't know the difference between Trading Paints and Trading Paints Pro. If you're designing your paints schemes in .psd you may not need the Pro version at all.

Did one race at lunch time. Qualified fourth. Got into turn one in third. Passed a guy to take second and he wrecks me. Get back on track, then catch the dude ahead. I make a pass and he wrecks me. WTF? Do people not give a shit about their SR?

The "Go Racing" tab in the beta UI started showing me C-class races, even though I told it to only show me events I'm eligible for. I'm like, "Stupid broken beta. I don't have a C-license." Then I remembered that I read somewhere that if your SR is high enough, you can enter races above your class.

I started getting into iRacing a couple months ago. I had mostly been doing the MX-5 Cup races, I've recently been doing Ferrari GT3 Challenge and the Skip Barber formula series. I think I might stick with the Skip Barber and MX5s for a while, I struggle more with the Ferrari.

The MX-5 cup is kind of a mess though, I've had a lot of good races but then also a lot of stupid crashes and crazy dive bombing.

Cool, I will look you up.

Because I do not have any extra content at this time, the only road races I can do this week are the MX-5 Cup, RallyX in the Beetle, Pro-2 Truck and a multi-class series where I’ve been using the Solstice. I did a SRF race or two last week, but this week, it is at a track I do not have.

My MX-5 cup races have been hit or miss. The race I complained about earlier was an MX-5 Cup race. I raced another tonight that I started from pole, won by nearly ten seconds and had zero incidents.

Junior Potato
    Cam and others, how are you finding it in terms value-for-money? Especially given that you are now needing to shell out for more content.

I ask, because I've suddenly taken up GT Sport's online racing in a fairly big way and I'm having an absolute ball. Clean races are easy to find as long as you qualify pretty well and keep away from the first lap mishaps, plus you can pick up the game for like $20 anywhere you want to look and you don't have to pay any more aside from a yearly PS+ subscription (comparisons between iRacing a GT are limited to the quality of the driver rating systems, and whether GT is a sim is left for another time...).

At this point I feel like I want to be convinced to jump into iRacing, rather than needing to be convinced, but the ongoing cost is a huge barrier.

Please furnish me with your opinions!