Page 165 of 226 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2251

Thread: iRacing

I grazed their car for 0x and no damage. Alas, the car behind hit them and I inherited the 4x contact.
    Please explain.

If you have a minor contact with another car it will assign 0x to both cars as kind of a warning, but if one of the cars immediately makes a full 4x contact it is presumed the 0x contact led to the 4x contact so all cars involved (0x or 4x) receive 4x. It keeps people from being able to hip check someone into a bigger accident and getting off with no penalty by creating a causation chain.

Cam brushed against Car A and both received 0x as there was no damage. But Car B smashed into Car A right afterward. Cam, Car A, and Car B all receive 4x because of the close proximity in time between their respective touches.

Ok I understand the intention and the result now, thank you.

Thank you for the concise explanation.

I signed up for another Indy Oval race tonight, this time in the open series. I thought it would take about an hour. There were so many cautions, it took 1h45! Alas, I had a solo wreck and needed about three minutes of repairs. (I did not cause a caution.) I was #15 and finished 13th. I lost a bit of SR, but gained a bit of iR. It was basically a big waste of time.

Junior Potato
    On the subject of penalty assignments, I’ve seen a video from a few years ago where a player in GT Sport was abusing the penalty system by tapping a car in the rear then driving himself into the grass for a short time.

The game saw him as the victim of ramming and allocated a 5 second slow down penalty to the car that got nudged. Thankfully they fixed that, and it also helps explain why iRacing uses a no-fault system where both drivers get penalised.

Looks like I will be Div. 2 next season. The cut-off is 2.2K and I am almost 2.6K at the moment.

Got taken out of 2nd place tonight in Supercars by a stupid dive-bomb on the last lap by the car behind me. I finished third and they apologized, but they obviously did not feel that bad about it, since they did not redress the incident.

I guess I'll be talking to myself here for the next little while, with the release of GT7.

It's week 13 and iRacing has been down for maintenance for over six hours now. I think that is the longest down-time I've seen yet. Loads of new content this season. I am happy to have a new road track, Winton, especially since Supercars is my favourite series at the moment. I think I will purchase one of the new Stockcar Brazil cars. I might even purchase the new Aston Martin Vantage GT4. It sounds awesome. As I mentioned, I will be Div. 2 next season, as it will look suspicious if I tank 300+ iR in the next few days. The latter half of season 1 was really good to me and I gained a significant amount of Road iR. I am not sure, but I think it is upwards of 500. I can't even look at my stats at the moment because of the aforementioned maintenance. It's amazing what can happen when you don't get wrecked in a majority of your races.

My Cam-gets-wrecked rate for season 1 was 41%. In the last month, it was only 25%.
    Last edited by Cam; March 8th, 2022 at 11:14 AM.

iRacing found a significant bug during maintenance that they needed to patch. That's why maintenance took so long.

Upon reviewing my stats, I gained almost 600 iR this season! It went up and down for the first half of the season and made no overall gains. It took off in the second half.
    Last edited by Cam; March 8th, 2022 at 12:28 PM.

I was thinking about trying to find a buyer for my sim rig. But I spent so long building it up some of the components are pretty old. Plus finding a local buyer is going to be a pain.