Page 172 of 226 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2251

Thread: iRacing

Pablo Araujo, a.k.a. PabloGz205, a pretty popular iRacing Twitch streamer, is currently racing in ACC and has the following message periodically showing in his stream (I suppose it is a bit of tongue in cheek as well, dunno):
    "I'm doing ACC this week because i think can be more fun do a new game than drive 2k SOFs at Barber or COTA night in iracing, thanks to all these 1k forum drivers who vote for such shit calendar" - someone can please provide a bit of context? I only gather SOF is Strenght of Field but I can't understand what is he implying and talking about.

Obviously, since he is playing ACC at the moment the live chat is split three ways: his friends joking, his aficionado followers mass hating on ACC and ACC fans running in groves at the live stream talking shit about iRacing in a "told you so" manner.
    Damn people, how about everybody chills a bit? Sheesh.

"thanks to all these 1k forum drivers who vote for such shit calendar"

Some of the official race series organizers will go to the iRacing forum that's dedicated to that series and ask for suggestions on how to set up the calendar. Sometimes there is a poll to establish some of the tracks on the calendar. Back when I raced Formula Mazda about 10 of the tracks were set in stone each season and then the other two were up for debate and would be chosen by discussions or voting in the forums.

So he's saying that the bad racers with 1,000 iRatings are choosing boring tracks each season. He's too cool to do that so he's going to run ACC this week instead.

Thanks!
    I kinda understood he was maybe salty as well, but I really did not know about this kind of periodical polling votes.
    Now everything is clearer.

I know of Pablo, as I see him in the occasional iRacing clip video. It seems like all he does is whinge. His most vocal followers are miserable trolls, I guess. :shrug:

Junior Potato
    Pablo is one of the pied pipers of the try-hard GT3 loving crowd. I think there's some amount of influence from him that has generated the toxic entitled racer mindset I've seen in GT3 grids, especially in higher split lobbies.

He's brutally fast, yes. Almost heroically fast. But he's always angry though, and I find that amusing. Some people (the aficionados) are entertained by his elitism and follow along like gormless sycophants, but I am entertained by him being upset about everything all the time. The dude has no off switch

A friend of mine actually ran into him after a Porsche Cup race. They both slowed down after the finish and my friend didn't expect Pablo to stop so quickly and accidentally gave him a gentle 4x in the bum. On Pablo's stream he was all "what a stupid fuckhead, report, fucking idiot fuckhead!"

I laughed.

Dudes like that are so aggressive, unwilling to give any ground and take as much track they can get away with, then blame others when they wreck... like Jackson.

This was a really good KGT race for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sOhbvP3drs

I also got a little screen time in the broadcast and an interview at the end.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyKE722KNoQ

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Pablo is one of the pied pipers of the try-hard GT3 loving crowd. I think there's some amount of influence from him that has generated the toxic entitled racer mindset I've seen in GT3 grids, especially in higher split lobbies.

He's brutally fast, yes. Almost heroically fast. But he's always angry though, and I find that amusing. Some people (the aficionados) are entertained by his elitism and follow along like gormless sycophants, but I am entertained by him being upset about everything all the time. The dude has no off switch

A friend of mine actually ran into him after a Porsche Cup race. They both slowed down after the finish and my friend didn't expect Pablo to stop so quickly and accidentally gave him a gentle 4x in the bum. On Pablo's stream he was all "what a stupid fuckhead, report, fucking idiot fuckhead!"

I laughed.
    Yes, he was almost always featuring in the past iRacing Not Top 10 Highlights videos in YT, ragequitting and cursing.
    It is like he is the specular opposite of Dave Cam whom is always very calm and composed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    This was a really good KGT race for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sOhbvP3drs

I also got a little screen time in the broadcast and an interview at the end.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyKE722KNoQ
    That's the spirit! Great dynamic rig!

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Pablo Araujo, a.k.a. PabloGz205, a pretty popular iRacing Twitch streamer, is currently racing in ACC and has the following message periodically showing in his stream (I suppose it is a bit of tongue in cheek as well, dunno):
    "I'm doing ACC this week because i think can be more fun do a new game than drive 2k SOFs at Barber or COTA night in iracing, thanks to all these 1k forum drivers who vote for such shit calendar"
    Damn people, how about everybody chills a bit? Sheesh.
    Looks like it's already been implied here today, but it looks like the man is setting the tone.

Junior Potato
    Here's a thing. My team mates for the Nurb 24h:

Hunter is and extremely fast and capable driver, only a few seconds off the pole time and 5-6 seconds off the benchmark set by the VRS drivers for the setup we used, plus he's faster than all of us by at least 7 seconds. I may have the slowest lap time out of all of us, but check out my average lap time; I'm only 3.5 seconds slower than Hunter, but almost 8 seconds slower than Ola, who I feel was our best driver on the weekend.

The incident points column tells the rest of the story... He spent multiple laps in the pits with big repairs early on, as did Joel. I sometimes feel bad being team mates with Hunter because he's fast enough to lift us out of the bottom half of the field on a long race, like he did at Daytona.

But no point in being fast if you can't keep your average lap times low enough to be competitive...