Page 2 of 225 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

I havent had iRacing open in a while, but the Nurburgring comes out tomorrow. As does the McLaren-Honda MP4-30

I haven't played this game... but this looks neat.

Youtuber builds obsessively detailed iRacing simulator

Too much.

Junior Potato

I still have all my stuff but I don't race during school and my semester starts tomorrow. Heh.

Administrator
    Well, after about a three year hiatus I re-upped today. Got a promotion for a discount for returning members, and between all the new computer hardware and the Rift I'm looking forward to seeing if I'm any better at not crashing into the back of people.

I am doing the same promo. Just waiting a few more days till we get most of the house settled.
    Last edited by dodint; May 10th, 2017 at 07:19 PM.

Administrator
    Took a lot of tweaking to get the Oculus working okay, but I think I'm pretty happy with it now.

Ran my first race, the rookie MX-5 cup at Lime Rock (w/ chicane). First time in the ND MX-5 and I think maybe my first time driving that track layout, but still managed 3rd place in the top split with one incident point (next to last lap, the two drivers in front of me took each other out under the bridge just before the final corner, had to dive to the grass to avoid it).

Definitely felt like I was better at avoiding incidents. Went three wide through T1 at one point with no contact. That was intense.

How do incident points work, just one per incident and it matches you with people with similar number of points? Does it try to assign fault, or if you get plowed into by someone does it just give each of you a single point?
    Get that weak shit off my track

I haven't raced in a few years but 1x is usually just a wheel in the grass or whatever, 4x is car on car contact.

When I was racing the modeling was still kind of iffy where sometimes you'd get tagged with a 4x even if you never touched the other guy. Something to do with the inherent lag between the different drivers and the server.