Page 20 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    If you can't bitch to some car guys on the internet where else can you bitch?
    I'll take that as an invitation.

I got depressed last night. I entered a rally race and qualified P1. I thought that I had a good chance for a win. Wrecker had other ideas though and bashed me hard into the tire barrier in turn one. My car was so broken, I could not even limp it around the track. Had to quit. I quietly shut off my computer.

Ultimately, I realized it bothers me, not because I got wrecked, but because of how selfish and inconsiderate people can be.

Has anyone ever reported another driver? If so, does iRacing notify you of the outcome? I have not reported anyone yet, but I should have.

I am happy to report that I had a few successful races today.

Another Sim Lab Production challenge race in the Solstice at Laguna Seca. It requires a pit stop. Alas, I forgot to pit without enough fuel to finish the lap. I nursed the car around the first half of the lap, using only half-throttle. The car started sputtering out of turn seven and the spotter told me, "That's it we're out of fuel." My fuel indicator still showed 0.1 litre left. I thought that if I can just make it to the top of the corkscrew, I can coast it into the pit. At the top of the corkscrew, I took it out of gear and coasted to the pit entrance. I sputtered my way up the pit lane and coasted into my pit with zero fuel left! Got refueled and got back on track second in my class. I took 30 seconds out of the gap in the last half of the race, but it was too little too late. I am still pretty proud of myself though.

Intentionally tank qualifying lap. Start mid-pack. Every. Single. Time.

I was just poking around iRacing's web site. I was basically clicking all the buttons and tabs to see what they do. One of the things I ended up looking at is the standings for various series. Without even realizing it, I am in the top ten in the standings for the current season of the Sim Lab Production Challenge.

I'm thoroughly enjoying living this vicariously through you.

Oh? I thought y'all were just rolling your eyes at me. I am sure you have all been here before. Well, I will keep entertaining you then.

Since I only have two road series available to me this week, I've been doing a lot of racing at Laguna Seca in the MX-5 Cup and Solstice (Sim Lab Production Challenge, SLPC.) I showed up to a SLPC race earlier in the Solstice as the only car in my class. No prob, I sez, all have have to do is finish and I'll have no incidents. Two minutes left in the race and an MX-5 is about to lap me at the top of the corkscrew. He overshot his braking, even though I kept right and backed out early. Instead of trying to make the corner, he just braked in a straight line and STOPPED DEAD ON THE TRACK. Of course, I hit him. I should have saved the replay and made a video of it.

My next race was in the MX-5. I intentionally tanked my qualifying lap to start at the back. Two dudes behind me, as they did not do a clean lap or just did not qualify. I let them go at the start and I am last (12th) after turn one. Over the next two laps, several cars flew off the track. All of a sudden, I am fourth without even trying. Oh well, I might as well go for it now. I very slowly reeled in the great battle for 2nd, for which I had a front row seat. Alas, I did not have enough laps. I am pleased with that performance.
    Last edited by Cam; November 29th, 2019 at 02:18 PM.