Page 214 of 230 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2291

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    New Porsche might equal refund for me if they make the existing GT3-R a legacy car.

On the topic of the GTP cars, I bought the BMW and found it very difficult to drive until the tyres warmed up. You can’t just hop in it and bang like you can in the LMP2. On top of this is the need to manage grip and cornering speed with the downforce and drive it like a very fast Formula 3 car as it’s way more sensitive than LMP2, so it’ll suit careful and precise drivers with lots of skill, but people with lower skill levels like myself will either be very slow or spin out all the time.

I avoid driving it altogether, so it’s essentially 12 bucks wasted just for curiosity’s sake. Plus the top class in these multi class races is usually choc-full of slow and clumsy drivers who just want to boom and zoom in the fastest cars. Nice to have them available (really deep down I love them all) but it’s not my cup of tea for multiplayer iRacing sessions.

I might have a path back to iRacing later in the year. I never sold any of my racing setup so it's just sitting in the basement. My basement has four unfinished rooms, and we've decided to turn one of them into a media room and I have plenty of room to setup the sim rig if we do that. I have the garage project and another project ahead of that, but it's in the planning stage. Could be fun.

Nice!

I got an unusual amount of coverage today in the Lotus 79 broadcast race. It was a thrilling one for me, but spun it on the last lap challenging the car ahead. Regardless, it was a fun one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb5OPUyUMpI

This season has started out not that great. I feel like it's been good race, bad race, good race, bad race, good race, bad race, good race, bad race... However, I feel like I've improved my consistency and my overall trend is on the upswing.

I race KGT, L49 and L79 almost every week and I've been getting favourable coverage on the broadcasts lately. I guess they like me over there. https://www.youtube.com/@GSRCBroadcasting

This week's L79 race was quiet for me though.

Junior Potato
    I got a dub this week in the Gen 4 Cup. Feelsgoodbro.

I backed that up with a 5th behind some seriously fast customers, but also backed that up with a pit speed violation (which is a 45 second pit stop penalty) when I was fighting for a second place, and another where I got taken out by a car that bounced off the wall on the green flag which lost me two laps in the pits for repairs… but I also came 5th in that one.

So of the four races I had a good-bad-good-bad week as well.

Nice!

We put a deposit on a new apartment in DC. It is two bedroom, but also has a den. The den will become my office and race room.

Sweet, that's almost close enough for me to come over and use it.

GET YOUR OWN. Oh wait...

Junior Potato
    This is how you win: by capitalising on someone else's misfortune on the last lap following a green/white/chequered