Page 28 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

And here I thought the Advanced Mazda Cup would have better quality drivers. They're all crashy too.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Merry Christmas, iRacers!
    acket.

Yup, Advanced Mazda Cup is actually worse than rookie.

Fanatec Global Challenge race in the Kia Optima. Threw my qualifying lap to start near the back of 25 cars, 12 of them were Kias. I was still mid-pack. Decided to start from the pit, as did another Kia. I came out of the pit in last place. I was not fast, nor did I catch any other cars. I still finished 15th, 5th in class.

I've been submitting a lot of protests.

Normally, Dallara Dash is on oval tracks. It is classified as an oval series, but this week it is at Laguna Seca. I decided to try it just for laughs, as it does not affect your ratings. I got into a field of 21 cars with the 2011 car. I never drove it before and it was crazy different than the production cars that I have been driving. It took me a few practice laps to get used to it. Half the field was the newer faster, DW12. I managed to qualify fifth, ahead of many DW12s and the top 2011. I feel it is easier to drive than the Radical and the SRF. Of course, someone ahead of me lost it going into turn one and collected me. I got going again and was in fifth for a while. I was even catching the DW12 ahead of me. Alas, I spun it out of turn one and stalled it with two laps left. Had to get a tow, then basically finished my last lap, two laps down. I would probably do that again.

Is it wrong to enjoy watching yourself rally? I look professional!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I feel it is easier to drive than the Radical and the SRF.
    This was my experience in Formula SAE cars, my lap times were closer to our fast drivers once we started building cars with a lot of downforce, vs. the car with no wings.

Had a shockingly clean race in the skip barber cars, went from 2nd > 1st > 2nd > 3rd > 2nd with no incidents, and the lead group of three were able to pass a bunch of lapped cars pretty cleanly.

I've got a C Class license, but my SR is high enough to run some B Class races, so need to decide if it makes sense to move up to a different series. I'm generally right in the middle of the skip barber splits, definitely a lot of room to go faster in this car!

I jump around to different series. I enjoy rally cross and dirt trucks, even though I am not particularly fast. I race whatever is available to me in road/dirt road. This week, SRF is at Silverstone, so I can actually race it. Radical has not been at a track I own since week one.

Getting ten clean races in a row is proving to be extremely difficult.

I am so freakin’ livid right now. I just needed one more clean race to get the ten clean dirt road races in a row award. The last lap of the tenth race, some dork ahead of me just stopped dead in the middle of the track!