Page 52 of 225 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

I don't what the eff is going on this week. I've been wrecked out of races about a dozen times. I seriously have a magnet in my car(s). I was just wrecked out of two dirt road races in a row.

Edit: Make that three races in a row.
    Last edited by Cam; May 2nd, 2020 at 06:18 PM.

Can I join that club too?
    Did a race with the Kia Optima, at Silverstone, qualified 3rd in class, rolling start, all ok for 3/4 of the first lap.
    Get slammed into on the left turning into the last corner(the right hander before the start/finish straight).
    L/F of the car is all bent, but obviously have something wrong as it doesn't like right hand corners much.
    Lap times have dropped from a 2.00ish in qualy, to around 2.03 - 04.
    Guy behind is catching.... outbrakes himself when a Cadillac tries passing both of us, guy in the Kia goes off.
    Catches me up again, same corner as above, brakes way too late and slams into the back of me.
    My car is now slower, thanks.
    In the end, finished 6th in class and lost a shit ton of iracing.

I'm like, "Surely my bad luck can't continue." Fourth race in a row I've been wrecked out.

It makes me wonder how many have their spotter turned off.
    Sure it's not realistic in most cars/series, but it helps.
    I run Crew chief and find that pretty good and very informative, especially running multiclass racing as it gives a lot of warning of faster cars coming.

I use the "Relative" screen (F3) so I know what cars are near or approaching me. Plus, I actually pay attention to my mirror and what is happening around me.

Had a few better races today. I've gone back to starting races from the pits. It's still pretty tough though and does not always work, as cars are spinning and crashing in front of me. My SR is going back up, but my iRating is plummeting.

My road SR is currently D 4.77, iRacing....somewhere around 1145.
    It's hard to find a good split with good racing and not full of dicks who can't use mirrors, relative, spotter or common sense!
    I've started doing maybe only 1 or 2 races a day and more time trials at the moment.
    Probably explains why my SR is up there.

Damn auto correct keeps putting iRacing and not iRating.

I kind of regret buying the Nissan GTP-ZX. I have never seen enough people driving the series to make an official race.

Thinking about trying out a different series, the last four races of the B class VRS Sprint Series are on tracks I own, while F3 is at a track I don't this week.

I like driving the F3 car but it is really hard to make it though a race without someone driving into the back of you, not sure if a B class series will be any better though!

Ok definitely time to try a new series, had some guy run into the back of me on the second corner while i just lifted off the throttle for two cars spinning across the track in front of us.