Page 53 of 225 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Every series is mixed for me. I am not sure you can avoid the goofballs.

Lodged another protest today for intentional wrecking.

In other news, I won my first SRF race! I was #3 in the lower split at Catalunya. I qualified a second ahead of P2. I thought, "Surely someone messed up their qualifying." I got into the lead in turn one and put a big gap between me and the battle for second. It was a lonely and uneventful race. Those do not come very often these days.

I won a Porsche Cup race at Catalunya! I got put in the second split and qualified fifth. Turn one was a shit-show, of course. I went wide and avoided the spinning cars and was in second going into the parabolica. The leader went straight off the road in turn four, gifting me the lead! I had some breathing room for a while, but I noticed a guy catching me fast, then disappeared. They caught me again and put pressure on for a few laps, then disappeared again. I cruised the last two laps with a healthy lead. It was very satisfying. Lapped car nearly took me out at one point. He took the inside and braked early. I thought he was letting me go, but he challenged me into the corner. We touched for 0x, but I was knocked wide and took 1x for going off-track.

Nice to see you string a few together after your troubles following the N24.

If you stay with the SRF I highly encourage you to join the SRF Weekend Warriors league. Great group of racers and it's a broadcast league.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I won a Porsche Cup race at Catalunya! I got put in the second split and qualified fifth. Turn one was a shit-show, of course. I went wide and avoided the spinning cars and was in second going into the parabolica. The leader went straight off the road in turn four, gifting me the lead! I had some breathing room for a while, but I noticed a guy catching me fast, then disappeared. They caught me again and put pressure on for a few laps, then disappeared again. I cruised the last two laps with a healthy lead. It was very satisfying. Lapped car nearly took me out at one point. He took the inside and braked early. I thought he was letting me go, but he challenged me into the corner. We touched for 0x, but I was knocked wide and took 1x for going off-track.
    WE HAVE A WINNER!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    If you stay with the SRF...
    Man, I race a dozen different cars regularly; SRF, Fanatec Global Challenge (Caddy), Pro Mazda, Porsche Cup, Le Mans Series (911 RSR), Global Mazda Cup, Advanced Mazda Cup, iRX (Beetle), Pro Trucks (all three), SLPCC (Solstice last season, Mazda this season), Radical Challenge, and now V8 Supercars. I do at least one race a day. I am getting my money's worth out of iRacing.

So far the B class VRS Sprint series seems cleaner than the C class F3 series, still far from perfect though! It is nice that the car can take a hit and potentially keep going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzBr...ature=youtu.be

Pro Mazda is on an oval this week.

I raced the Lotus 79 at Monza earlier. I just went for iRacing's default low-downforce set. I was still getting clobbered on the straights. Clearly the low DF set is not low enough.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by retsmah View Post
    So far the B class VRS Sprint series seems cleaner than the C class F3 series, still far from perfect though! It is nice that the car can take a hit and potentially keep going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzBr...ature=youtu.be
    This video is fantastic.

This just happened:
    Racer in text chat just before the green light: "clean race plz"
    They wrecked me a few laps in.