Page 56 of 225 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Doesn't really matter now.

Almost nine gigabyte update this week!

Wow, might have to log in and get it.
    Haven't and won't be able to do any racing for a couple of weeks, had another hernia operation on Friday just gone.
    Getting withdrawals already.
    On another note, I either stupidly or rather wisely purchased a new monitor....
    https://www.umart.com.au/AOC-34in-WQ...2X_54626G.html

Hope that shows up.
    I know my PC doesn't have the grunt to run that at it's proper capacity, but it's a work in progress.

Administrator
    Finally picked up the F3. I should have done that a while ago, that's a fun little car.

I tried the Indy Pro today. In my opinion, it just does not have the same magic as the Formula Mazda.

Administrator
    Fuck me, I know it's week 13 but I just got my first win in I don't know how many years. I'm not even sure how I did it, gridded 4th and didn't really pass anyone, just occasionally I'd look down and I'd be a position further up.

A win's a win!

Administrator
    Hell yeah it is. Somehow managed to hold it together and came out with 0 incidents (though since it was a week 13 screwing around race, it didn't actually change anything). That said, my big problem is normally I fuck up in some way when my mind wanders or I start overdriving because someone's catching up to me, and I managed not to do that. I do kinda wish I'd paid attention to how much fuel I needed though, I'm pretty sure I was heavier than everyone else out there.

I just had a disastrous race in the Caddy at Laguna Seca. I spun in official practice, then I spun in qualifying twice. Both count toward SR, but only by half. Since I did not set a qualifying lap, I started at the back of the field of Caddies but ahead of the Kias. The pace lap was so sloppy, there were several Kias ahead of me by the time it went green. The lead Kia was supposed to be beside me. The usual first lap chaos ensued. I inexplicably got 4x, despite not appearing to come in contact with anyone. Later in the race, I spun twice. On the last lap, I caught up to another Caddy, which disappeared from my screen. Two corners later, it reappeared right on top of me. I got 4x for it, then it disappeared again. I finished the race and stopped at the end of the straight. The car that disappeared hammered me at full speed, giving me another 4x. After reviewing the replay, I can only guess that he was extracting revenge on me for the lag-contact that was totally out of my control. My SR dropped a whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Fuck me, I know it's week 13 but I just got my first win in I don't know how many years. I'm not even sure how I did it, gridded 4th and didn't really pass anyone, just occasionally I'd look down and I'd be a position further up.
    Man I was also surprisingly competitive with way less incidents than I would have expected in those week 13 battle of the little wings races, I kind of wish they counted! I had one win and a few more podiums.

My iRating is in a weird place, I'm pretty much always now in races where I qualify dead last and then finish mid pack by just keeping the car on track. I ended up in the top split for indy pro at watkins glen, was running 5 seconds off the pace of the leader. Still managed a 13th place finish and another little bump in iR.

I'm getting better at running incident free ~45 minute races, and am getting more comfortable in the GT cars, I could potentially see doing a team endurance event at some point.

I would be able to do better if it were not for wreckers.

Just finished a race where I started from the pit. I caught up to a car pretty quickly and got up beside him on the front straight. I was slightly ahead and braked even later than normal for turn one. He braked later than I did, lost control, and crashed us both. I do not get why dudes will fight SO HARD for last place, especially with someone who readily caught up to them.