Page 57 of 225 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

They don't want to be in last, and it's likely that you're the first person that they have been close to during the race.

Still stupid, though.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I made the terrible decision to do an hour-long race in the Porsche 919, with baseline set, having never driven it before. I went off-track numerous times during my first qualifying lap, so much so that I got a warning. I did a clean, yet horrifically slow, second lap and qualified third in class out of seven cars. The five ARX-01s in the race qualified faster, but gridded behind me due to the class separation. First of all, the two LMP1s ahead of me totally jumped the start. As soon as the pace car was out of the way they took off. Oh well. I was not going to keep up with them anyway. It did not take long for a couple of ARXs to catch me. I just let them go, as I was still learning the car. I just did my laps and kept it pretty clean. I got lapped in what seemed like no time. I expected that. I pitted half-way and started to get a hang of the car by then.

I started catching the guys ahead of me. I caught up to another 919 in Gulf colours and passed him pretty easily. As soon as that happened, a GTE car lost it in front of me and I had to go off track to avoid a collision. That allowed Gulf to pass me back. I caught up to him again in not too much time. As soon as we got to a straight, he took off like he had rockets attached. WTF? It happened several times before I realized the car has KERS! Here I was driving the whole race without using it. I read about it after the race. It automatically deploys out of corners, but you can map a push-to-use button that manually deploys it to a certain limit per lap.

Shortly thereafter, the leader came around to lap us both. Under braking, he took out Gulf, throwing them both off the track and gifting me fourth, third in class. I was catching the lead ARX, but I ran out of time. I think the 919 really needs a set... and a button mapped for KERS.

The 24H du Mans is this Saturday. Session starts at 09h00 Eastern. I will be driving with Gone Broke Racing again. They are a good crew of safe and consistent drivers. I think we're going to have seven drivers. I will be doing a live stream again. Watch for it on my channel and do not forget to like and subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsxn4bjBUEh_zUuGwTFDsfg

This was a pretty good race for me. I streamed one-hour practice Le Mans race last night for the upcoming 24H. I was one of the lowest iRatings in the room, in the fourth split of five. I was #32. I qualified 13th. A few spots in the video of note: Lap one, of course, where most of the action happed. About half-way through the race, I was following another faster racer to take advantage of the draft. The last lap or two I made up a few spots. I preserved my tires, where others had obviously abused theirs. The last lap at the end of Mulsanne, a competitor tried to block me and he got spun because of it. I had 0x up to that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPforpQZBzU
    Last edited by Cam; June 18th, 2020 at 08:22 PM.

Saved to watch later
    Get that weak shit off my track

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    The last lap at the end of Mulsanne, a competitor tried to block me and he got spun because of it. I had 0x up to that point.
    Is it because of my skewed point of view or was the darker Porsche overly aggressive in the previous straight, as well?
    acket.

You are not wrong. Dude was just a douche.

Godammit, I have the worst luck in this sim sometimes. What can I do against idiots? Started a Caddy race at the 'Ring. "I'll just play it safe." I said. Green flag dropped, what's the guy in front of me do? Slows down, of course! WTF? I think he was trying to let me go, I guess. On the exit of a corner is not the place to do it when there's a car directly behind you. Got 4x for that. Later in the lap, I caught a car that was obviously driving damaged. I slowed way down to make a safe pass. He pulled over to the right side of the track, in the grass even. I accelerated to pass, he lost control and I hit him. WTF? Got 4x from that. Goodbye SR.

My luck turns around; 24th to 3rd!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzmXx44LCXY
    Last edited by Cam; June 18th, 2020 at 08:22 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alvOe2qdBdk

One of those times where halfway down the straight you just know this moron is going to crash into you. With Tina from Bob's Burgers doing voiceover.