Page 58 of 228 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Well done.

24 Hours of Le Mans this Saturday! Live stream link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoC4lTVE5R8
    Last edited by Cam; June 18th, 2020 at 08:21 PM.

Damn, I'm getting home a day early, so I could have joined your earlier invite afterall, although I would have been very out of practice.

Good luck! I'll be checking in throughout the weekend.

Junior Potato
    Yep, ditto. I'll pop into your live stream as often as I can.

I LOVED watching the 24H LM Virtual, and even though this is a much more low-key affair I still love to see La Sarthe at night.

iRacing's servers are really overloaded right now. I can't even register. Live stream may be delayed. Luckily, my lead team mate is already in and practicing.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans could have been better. The first few laps kind of set the tone for the race, I guess. Our lead man got caught up with some spinners and had two collisions through no fault of his own. It necessitated 12+ minutes of repairs, putting us 3 laps down, and in 50th position, almost immediately. The car was a second or two a lap slower now. Once things settled down, we slowly made our way back up to as high as 25th position. Around the 18 hour mark, I went wide and took a bad bounce over a curb in the S de Tetre Rouge. I lost control and hit the wall, doing damage to the suspension. I did not think I hit that hard, so I attempted to continue. It was obvious that something was very wrong, as the car was nearly undriveable. Just as I said to my team mate over TeamSpeak, "I think I need a tow." I lost control of the car and spun into the path of another car going full speed. It did massive damage to both cars.

I got a tow and the car needed an hour's worth of repairs. I felt so awful about the incident that I was nauseous. The other team berated me via text chat. I apologized to the two drivers of their team that were on the server. I understand their frustration. Not only did I let the our team down, but I took another team with me. That made it a double-whammy. Both teams completed repairs and got back on track. Alas, the car was down on top speed after that. The other team, after doing a lap or two, quit out of the race, despite the fact they could have finished. We had an uneventful final six hours and finished 37th.

I sent a very apologetic message to all three of the other team who's race I ruined. My team were cool about it, telling me to not feel so bad, as they've all been there. I hope to redeem myself in future endurance races. In fact, I will probably be doing a 12 hour race this week-end with them.

In other news, I just won another SRF race. I had the top rating in my split and qualified 2nd. The P1 driver was about two seconds faster and P3 was a second slower. P1 discoed on the grid, so I had an easy cruise to victory. A win is a win!

After that, I did a Porsche 911 Cup race. I qualified mid-pack out of 24 cars, so I decided to start from the pits. I quickly made it up to the top-ten, thanks to all the cars going off-track. One of the faster guys that went off earlier caught up to me and spun me in Mulsanne corner. He apologized after the race. Claimed he was caught out by my early braking. Uh, that's where I normally brake. I finished 10th.
    Last edited by Cam; June 22nd, 2020 at 03:39 PM.

Junior Potato
    As Valentino Rossi says, “Is racing.”

Sometimes is good, sometimes is bad.

But racing is better than not racing.

Probably doing the 12 hour race at Silverstone in the Porsche Cayman Saturday.

12 Hour of Silverstone live stream link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rm39IxcKVA