Page 6 of 225 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

I did sign up for the discounted rate. Just need to actually set my rig up. It's complicated some because my home desktop space is now, two days a week, my telework home office. Need to figure something out because my work laptop dock uses 2/3rds of my triple monitor setup and I have to move stuff around to make it iRacing optimized.

Speaking of monitor setups, I finally figured out how to use three monitors, without using NVidia surround (which is a pain in the ass). You can use windowed mode, with a border, resize, then turn the borders off. You still have the start menu at the bottom, but it's soooo much better now than switching between surround and normal. I figured this out thanks to having to run Rocksmith windows to prevent crashes oddly.

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my CSR Elite Pedals via USB.

It's not even a matter of making sure the drivers are installed. The moment the USB plugs into the machine I get an 'Unknown USB Device (Invalid Device Descriptor)' error in the Device Manager list.

It did recognize my G27 and DSD Button Box right away. I might have to revert to my G27 pedals in the meantime but it's just another Win10 headache. I did a complete system reimage about two weeks ago which helped with a few things but here we are again with lost functionality over Win7.

That sucks. My Clubsports have no issues now. I had a problem with both my pedals and wheel base basically braking the input every time I plugged them in/turned them on. I uninstalled the USB device and reinstalled and everything works again.

Are you able to update the firmware somehow? Maybe it got messed up.

Finally won something today. Mazda fixed race at Laguna Seca. I switched to right foot braking for it, and find it much easier. I think I was overlapping with left foot braking too much, causing it to understeer.

I finally got my setup up and running. I was putting it off because I couldn't remember what I had to to do get the triple monitor setup to work. I have to put the graphics card into Surround mode which makes my array one big monitor. iRacing looks good in it as it used to and I'm happy with that, but as always Windows 10 is a big baby about things. It allows me to have my taskbar on the center monitor but when I click the Windows button the menu opens on the far left monitor. Just a pain in the ass. So every time I want to play iRacing I'll have to configure the card so special snowflake Win10 can have its way.

Anyway, a ton has changed in the two years or so since I've been in there. I'm sure the series layout is better now but I just couldn't seem to find a series to fall into at first. Ended up in the F2000 at Road America. Playing FM6:A has lulled me into a false sense of security and it took me a while to re-calibrate to iRacing. I didn't feel ready to go wheel to wheel yet so I figured I'd run a TT. Forgot that road course TTs were 5 clean laps. For an F2000 at Road America that's about 12 minutes of continuous lapping which just wasn't happening. The 1x for 'off' is still insanely strict to the point of it almost being unenjoyable. Running two wheels onto the runoff pavement in Turn 8 shouldn't be a penalty, in that case it's self-penalizing because if you're out there you're already slow. There are lots of places where if you're on the curbing and the curbing goes away you pick up a 1x. It's just way too strict, to me. I know they have to strike a balance but it needs to be dialed back some.

Yeah, I got tired of changing my complete display configuration in both Surround and Windows, so I setup iRacing as in windowed mode, positioned it best I could, then turned off borders. I still have the task bar going across the bottom of the screen, but it's way better no having to go through those hoops.

I just did an IMSA race at Road America the other night in a Ford GT and got third in class. Would have had second if I didn't overshoot my pit box Showing how important a setup can be, I was like 2 seconds off the pace with what I thought was a good 488 setup. Changed to a great setup on the GT (which I'm usually slower in), and was right on pace with the leaders.

God, I hate Montreal. If you go in and lose it in one, no matter how slowly you come back on the track, you have to sit there and yield. I went slightly off (barely even 4 wheels), lost about 3 seconds, then had to yield 2 more, losing third place.

Administrator
    Ahh, see you beat me to it