Page 68 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    Just be in first then. Easy

Then you catch up to the REALLY slow, unpredictable and crashy guys.

I just had a dude troll me for a portion of a race at Charlotte Roval. Troll qualified P1, drove normally for the first two laps and started to drive away. On lap three, he slowed down and started trolling me. He let me go, then got racy with me. I can tell he's just being a dick, so I braked super early and let him go into a corner. I slowed way down to put some distance between us, allowing the battle for third to catch up. He slowed way down too, then blocked when I tried to pass. The third place car was right on my bumper, so I pulled over and let the three cars behind have a go at him. Troll raced on the apron, which is not allowed. He was just being a dick. I will be reporting him shortly.

I did about 50 Mazda Cup races since Thursday to get this.
    Safe Driver Level 3 - Road
    Complete 10 consecutive incident free official road races. You must score championship points and complete 50% of the laps the class winner completes, rounded down, for the race to count toward this award. This award may not be earned while participating in a team event.
    Completed ten consecutive road races without incident.
    12/13/2020
    It was difficult. There is no way you can predict some of the absolute nutty behaviour of some drivers.

My iRating went from ~2000 to ~1100.

My brother and I will be teaming up for some three and six-hour endurance races this season. The first is this Saturday at 2:00pm Eastern. Live stream link:
    https://youtu.be/2Uu2vFNGmPI

2021 season one has started. I am racing 911 Cup on Tuesday nights and Supercars on Thursday nights. I will probably stream other random races as well. Keep an eye on my channel for some hot racing action!

I won my 911 Cup split twice in a row last night.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96n4TIIpmkM

I won a VRS GT Sprint race tonight. My iRating has jumped almost 300 points in the last 24 hours.

There is a channel I was watching for a little while with daily clips from random iRacers' streams. I had to stop because I was too disturbed by the horrific quality of driving and absurd personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Oh, *that's* how the licensing system works. Hmm...
    My brother got his A license in a mere two weeks of racing. He had to buy a few pieces of content to do so.

I've had some really good races since the new season started. I've had several wins and top-fives. Not much wrecking. It is going well. Admittedly, my iRating is artificially low because of my shenanigans from last week-end. After another win last night in the Porsche Cup, my iR is back above 1800.

Cam I watched the second half of your race today live. From lap 10 till the end. You didn’t have a single X since I began watching. I think you could’ve hung in there with 11L of fuel left. I hit the chat button to see if there was any discussion going and nothing happened. I think it pinged you cause you mentioned something about the chat client not working and that someone was trying to call you.

It was fun to watch. Kind of soothing and mesmerizing watching someone else race, cause there’s no stress involved for the viewer. Can’t wait till next week’s race!
    Last edited by sandydandy; December 26th, 2020 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks a lot for watching! I realized after I pitted that I could have gone that extra lap because I was saving so much fuel. Most guys were pitting after 7 laps. I could have gone 9 because I was so conservative! It really did not matter by the end though.

Yeah, half-way through Tim’s stint, he lost control and damaged the car bad enough to need a tow and 35 minutes of repairs. Nurburgring is unforgiving and punishes any momentary lapse of concentration.

Things could have gone better, but we finished. Tim got a new wheel for Christmas and he was not used to it yet. He got some experience and I know he will do better next time. I just think it is great that I am teaming up with my bro for some races.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I just think it is great that I am teaming up with my bro for some races.
    That's awesome
    Get that weak shit off my track