Page 69 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

We had a great run this afternoon in the VRS GT Enduro at Donington Park. We qualified at the back and were in 40th position early on. Tim brought the car up to about 28th before getting punted. Minor damage, but we lost a few positions. I came out of the pits in 31st and fought up to 11th during my stint with 0x. (I was doing WORK. ) We lost a few positions after the second stop. Tim managed to put in some of his best laps and brought us back up to 11th for the checkered flag, less than two seconds back from 10th. We are really pleased with that result.
    Last edited by Cam; January 2nd, 2021 at 02:11 PM.

Junior Potato
    Wow that's epic. Good work!

I was in a Euro Sprint race with Tony Kanaan last night. He won GT class. I was racing LMP1, but had some bad luck on lap 28. Check out the stream and let me know what you think of the incident. You can just skip to the end to see me review the collision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mag96-kXI1c

I got to where you found it in the replay, and haven't listened to your opinion yet. My opinion: Porsche driver was trying to get out of your way as fast as he could be going offline to the right, you were trying to get around a slower car by going offline to the right, and the car exiting the pits was just a bystander. The general rule is for GT cars to hold their line and let/make the faster car figure out a way around, and by that general rule you were in the right and the Porsche caused the accident by being aggressively generous/cautious.

Or he was racing the car exiting the pits, wanted to get over to get in front of them, and had no idea you were there.

*listens to your opinion*

I agree that it is mostly a racing incident. I prefer to think that the Porsche was being too generous vs too aggressive on his line, but if they came back and said they never even saw you and just wanted to get right ASAP to setup for the next turn, I would believe it.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Just unlucky with the timing of the car coming out of the pits. With closing speeds that quick not a lot anyone could have done. The car coming out of the pits should be monitoring the delta and it is their responsibility to re-join the track safely but in fairness they were still to the right of the pit exit line

Junior Potato
    I’d have done the same thing. Looks like the Porsche left a gap for you and you took it. Just bad timing.

Your “Woah crap!” Was pretty funny tho

We had a terrible run today in the VRS GT Enduro. My first stint, I was doing WORK. I qualified 23rd, but was 31st at the end of lap one because of a pile-up that blocked turn five. I brought it up to fifth before pitting at the end of the first hour. We were in 12th after the pit stops cycled through. Fifteen minutes into Tim's stint, he was collected by a wrecking car and needed 11 minutes of repairs. He finished his stint a bit early with 50 minutes left in the race. We were in 27th until 25 minutes left in the race, I got sideways out of turn six and smacked the wall, necessitating 12 more minutes of repairs. I didn't feel like I did anything different that lap. I took that corner the same way all race, but it just suddenly stepped out. Just finished the last ten minutes in 30th. We talked about possibly doing the Sunday session.

Did the VRS GT Enduro again today to attempt a better result. We succeeded, but not without incident. Tim qualified 30th, but crashed exiting the kink about 20 minutes in. It necessitated a six minute pit stop for repairs. I got in the car early and exited the pits in 43rd position. I also spun in the kink half-way through my stint, but escaped with minimal damage. Tim had a relatively clean stint and pitted with about 50 minutes left. I had a relatively clean stint and brought the car home 14th. I can't help but wonder how well we would do if we just stopped crashing.

Did an IMSA Sportscar race for the first time. I had been focusing on other series. I noticed tonight that it was at Le Mans, so I decided to have a go. I got wrecked before the first lap even started. Got back on track in last with busted aero. I finished in the same place I started, 25th.

I swear my iR would be 1000 points higher if I did not keep getting wrecked.