Page 72 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Whoa nice! Any video of that?
    By popular demand!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvWp7hDZUPM

As someone who generally only drives GT cars in multiclass racing, it's kind of wild seeing the apex predator version where you're slicing and dicing around all the GT cars and slower prototypes.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I just had an excellent GTE Enduro (90 minute race.) It is a series that only happens on every other week-end that I have not done before. It was at Daytona, so it was a good practice opportunity for the upcoming Daytona 24H. There were 48 cars in the split. I was in split six of ten. I qualified 38th on a full tank of fuel, the last of the cars to set a Q lap. I decided to start from the pits, as did one other car ahead of me. I basically started 48th, last. Had some thrilling battles throughout, with a minor reprieve after my pit stop at the half-way point. I brought the car home 18th with 4x for minor cuts in the bus stop. I am feeling pretty good about that performance, considering I made up 30 positions.

Check it out on my racing channel!

It seemed like, in addition to all of the carnage in the infield, a lot of the drivers were not properly set up for the speeds on the high banks. Great job avoiding all that detritus.

This black Porsche is putting up a FIGHT!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yeah, after I passed him, it seemed to light a fire. Too bad he got a slow-down penalty in the bus stop on the last lap. Hey, I'll take the free spot.

I had another good 75 minute IMSA Sportscar Championship race at Daytona earlier. I wish I had streamed it. There were 22 cars in my class, GTE. I was the slowest of the qualifiers and two cars did not set a qualifying lap. When the green flag dropped, I was basically next-to-last. The last guy fell back and played it really cautious. I did not feel like I passed many cars, but at the end of an hour, I was in 2nd position. Alas, the leader was 45 seconds up the road. I am very pleased with that result.

Daytona 24 this week-end! Live stream linky:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaXFPHRDBjI

Race completed! We had a pretty good run with only one incident of note. Tim (my brother) was punted by a LMP car on lap 502, necessitating 11 minutes of repairs. We started on the back row, 25th in class, 49th overall. There was one car behind that did not set a qualifying lap and two cars did not start. We finished 9th in class and 26th overall. I think I speak for the whole team when I say we are thrilled with a top-ten finish. Thanks to the whole team for the great time and great result!

Junior Potato
    Awesome!

I was very briefly watching a few streams including yours and I noted the finish time was way later than normal due to a server issue.

I would have watched the end but normally that happens at 11pm my time but it looked like it was at least 5 hours later.

Yes, it was an embarrassment. iRacing’s servers could not handle the load and they stopped working. They completely cancelled the race and started it again later. Stuff like this happens every time there is a big special event, yet they seem unwilling to take measures to improve the performance. Shame on iRacing. They plan on giving everyone affected a $5 credit.